Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On-Air April Fool's Day Gags  (Read 2993 times)

ITSBRY

On-Air April Fool's Day Gags
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 06:49:34 AM »
(except Lingo, where Chuck was host, and Todd was in the announcer's booth, in for Randi).

I thought this was hiliarous...especially when Chuck made a remark about something really obvious and Todd, standing behind him, mouthed "No Sh#*". :-D

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

JamesVipond

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 11:40:50 AM »
Everyone seems to have forgotten the April Fool's episode of Time Machine. John Davidson and the contestant were shown a child on a go-kart before the real car was offered.
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 11:47:43 AM »
I think everyone is trying to forget "Time Machine", period. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 11:48:29 AM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 05:49 AM\']
(except Lingo, where Chuck was host, and Todd was in the announcer's booth, in for Randi).

I thought this was hiliarous...especially when Chuck made a remark about something really obvious and Todd, standing behind him, mouthed "No Sh#*". :-D
 [/quote]
 You sure about that?  I always thought he was mouthing "No way."  IIRC, Woolery was reciting the Round 2 scoring rules and noting that Kennedy and Elwood had the chance to catch up to Wahlberg and Summers, and Newton's standing behind him mouthing "No way."

I'll leave it to more expert lip-readers out there.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 08:15:02 PM »
I don't know, but there's a clip from last season's show. As per Henry Winkler's words: Those teachers weren't actually teachers.

Tom even made reference to this ep on the season premiere, which featured REAL teachers playing...something to the effect of "No, for those of you who remember our April Fool's show last season, these really are teachers." :-)

ChucK Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 01:38 PM\'] OK, since we can't actually do April Fool's jokes here (which suits me fine--I'm fooled enough on REAL posts on occasion), why not talk about April Fool's Day jokes from game shows past?

[/quote]
 On the 4/1/88 episode of Wink's High Rollers offered a $2500 set of crystal in column three. After Dean Goss described it, either KC or Crystal lifted the tablecloth off the table it was sitting on, breaking the crystal. The prize then changed to $1000 in cash.