Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR $1m specials upcoming  (Read 3558 times)

BrandonFG

TPIR $1m specials upcoming
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 12:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 09:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 10:53 AM\']So any idiot can walk in and claim to be a teacher, then?[/quote]
Steve Beverly? [/quote]
Lemme just say it's a good thing I read this BEFORE I went to acquire my morning beverage, or else my monitor would be a mess. :) [/quote]
 And let me say I'm glad my beverage is on the floor, because I would've ruined our school's computers by now. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Terry K

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 03:53:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 06:11 AM\'] [quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 09:31 PM\'] He had Winston put down due to a lung problem, as he stated at Monday's taping =( [/quote]
Hmmm.

Trying to recall if this was the same Winston who appeared with Nancy Burnet and her dog on camera during the showcase a few years ago.

IIRC, this was when they were launching the spay/neuter stamps.

I believe I met Winston there.

Very friendly dog. [/quote]
 It was..he said he'd had Winston on the show a couple times before.

starcade

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 01:19:48 PM »
Dear God no...

That last college special was a disgrace to colleges and to TPIR.  Dear God, please not another one...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 04:49:05 PM »
I wish you people would quit bitching about the college special. Not that you don't have the right to complain, but it makes you look SO SILLY.

College students play on TPiR EVERY DAY. Frequently, they even win.

The fact that that show had so many losses was just plain bad luck, it had not a thing to do with the nature of the contestants, and the sooner you come to grips with that the better off you will be.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 07:13:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 2 2004, 04:49 PM\'] I wish you people would quit bitching about the college special. Not that you don't have the right to complain, but it makes you look SO SILLY.

College students play on TPiR EVERY DAY. Frequently, they even win.

The fact that that show had so many losses was just plain bad luck, it had not a thing to do with the nature of the contestants, and the sooner you come to grips with that the better off you will be. [/quote]
I'm not so sure about that.  Yes, college students play pricing games every day...but on most days, a fair portion of the audience that's shouting out prices consists of people who aren't college students and who probably have a considerably better concept of what stuff costs.  Saturday night, the entire audience was college students, so we ended up with the blind leading the blind.

If they do another college special, they're practically asking for it to happen again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 07:14:42 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 04:18:49 AM »
Here's my take on the upcomming MDS specials:

College kids:  Hopefully they'll come from across the nation this time instead of from California.  Still, this one scares me.  RED FLAG

A salute to teachers:  This one might be intresting, but if a teacher loses a pricing game, how many of his/her class might get upset over that.  YELLOW FLAG(caution will be proceeded here)

Honoring Bob Barker's Induction into the TV Hall of Fame:  Looks like the best of this trio.  Maybe they'll show some classic Barker clips.  Definitely a GREEN FLAG
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 04:21:01 AM by Craig Karlberg »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 04:58:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 3 2004, 02:18 AM\'] College kids:  Hopefully they'll come from across the nation this time instead of from California.  Still, this one scares me.  RED FLAG
 [/quote]
 What the HELL difference does this make?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Card Shark

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 04:24 PM\'] I was at the Monday TPIR taping, and Bob stated the themes for the upcoming TPIR $1m specials...here they are:

Another College Student special

and not to be outdone...

A salute to Teachers!

Plus....

CBS is doing one to honour Bob's induction to the TV Hall of Fame!

These tape around the middle of the month (General Adm tickets are reportedly available for these shows, as I have tickets for one of them, but group requests are not being accepted) [/quote]
 Too bad they didn't give more of an advanced warning about that salute to teachers. I'd love to go to that. Hopefully the prizes won't include "good job" tickets or grade books. But, I'm glad they're doing a show recognizing people like us!
Adam Strom

passwordplus

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2004, 10:42:47 AM »
According to the automated "voice" line the tapings for the next set of MDS specials are 4/17 and 4/19.