Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD door #4 question  (Read 2306 times)

catnap1972

LMAD door #4 question
« on: April 08, 2004, 09:14:13 AM »
Probably been asked at some point but is it possible for the "people picker" to choose someone that Monty already made a deal with or are those numbers removed from the selection?

zachhoran

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 09:21:33 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:14 AM\'] Probably been asked at some point but is it possible for the "people picker" to choose someone that Monty already made a deal with or are those numbers removed from the selection? [/quote]
 All traders are eligible to play door #4, even if the person selected already made a deal with Monty. THere were a few instances over the two year run of the Door #4 contestant picked having made a deal beforehand.

digiblader

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:55:11 AM »
Yes, I have seen this happen too.. that person who was picked, but already made a deal kept the stuff they had won in their previous deal.

BTW, would it be strange if a person who had won a car in an earlier deal was picked for Door #4? I mean, winning two cars would be difficult for the show to handle!

zachhoran

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 10:00:05 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:55 AM\'] Yes, I have seen this happen too.. that person who was picked, but already made a deal kept the stuff they had won in their previous deal.

BTW, would it be strange if a person who had won a car in an earlier deal was picked for Door #4? I mean, winning two cars would be difficult for the show to handle! [/quote]
 The 70s syndie version gave away two cars in the Big Deal often enough, once even as the second place door. The 80s versions didn't have the budget to do this as they were daily syndie shows and not weekly shows, and the cheapest cars were $6K(i.e. Chevy Chevette and Chevy Sprint) by the mid 80s.

catnap1972

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:55 AM\'] BTW, would it be strange if a person who had won a car in an earlier deal was picked for Door #4? I mean, winning two cars would be difficult for the show to handle! [/quote]
 Even worse if they revealed the same car the trader(s) just won!

zachhoran

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 08:32:49 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 07:21 PM\'] [quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:55 AM\'] BTW, would it be strange if a person who had won a car in an earlier deal was picked for Door #4? I mean, winning two cars would be difficult for the show to handle! [/quote]
Even worse if they revealed the same car the trader(s) just won! [/quote]
 TPIR has had showcases with two and even three of the same car on rare occasions, and others where the cars were different. LMAD usually did have two different cars when two cars were won in a Big Deal.

Craig Karlberg

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 05:25:33 AM »
IIRC, I saw an episode where the SAME CAR was offered in not 1, not 2, but maybe THREE deals.  And the contestants LOST OUT ON ALL OF THOSE DEALS!  Man, that really got me going off on a high horse that day.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 10:06:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 04:25 AM\'] IIRC, I saw an episode where the SAME CAR was offered in not 1, not 2, but maybe THREE deals.  And the contestants LOST OUT ON ALL OF THOSE DEALS!  Man, that really got me going off on a high horse that day. [/quote]
 You being high-strung over something as superficial as a game show. Imagine that.  Seriously, IMHO, you need to sweat the small stuff--and not worry about if someone loses on a gameshow.

And of course Zach couldn't chime in on a thread without having to give 20 extra "facts".  I'm also fairly sure that there were cars under $6,000 in 1984.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

digiblader

LMAD door #4 question
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 04:13:49 PM »
Well.. the Chevette was under $6K before taxes and license early on in the run,(although the actual cost at first was $6288.48)... if that's what you mean by under $6K for cars on the 80s LMAD.