Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPIR Announcer Named  (Read 18218 times)

Don Howard

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2004, 09:52:45 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 04:23 PM\']
Johnny Olson was with the show from 1972 until 1987
[/quote]
So Johnny kept announcing two years after he went over the rainbow, eh? Research, people, research.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:53:13 PM by Don Howard »

tommycharles

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2004, 09:56:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:42 PM\'] And hey, I'm still pretty young, and so are you, and so is everyone else here from what I gather, so I don't doubt another shot at "The Booth" will come your way down the line.
 [/quote]
 Now hold on here one second. How in the world is it the least bit helpful to say "just wait until Rich dies"??  Good grief.

dzinkin

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2004, 10:40:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:56 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:42 PM\'] And hey, I'm still pretty young, and so are you, and so is everyone else here from what I gather, so I don't doubt another shot at "The Booth" will come your way down the line.
 [/quote]
Now hold on here one second. How in the world is it the least bit helpful to say "just wait until Rich dies"??  Good grief. [/quote]
 Only Jumpondees knows what he meant, but that's not how I read it... I took "The Booth" to mean another big, high-profile announcing job in general, not specifically TPIR.

Steve Gavazzi

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2004, 01:31:45 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:23 PM\'] Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

http://kpsp.elemedium.com/www1/eyeondesert...rt&network=kpsp

I'm particularly amused by this line:

He then bounced back to bring you the weather forecast every night - often from the set of "The Price Is Right."

He didn't play "Range Game" with the day's temperature, did he? ;-) [/quote]
 The picture of the set on that page is really outdated...and I'm pretty sure it's also stolen from somebody's website.  Real professional operation, that.

Red

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2004, 04:39:47 AM »
I think Rich is a fine choice. Anybody besides him, Burton, Randy, and I don't think TPIR would go in a good direction.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2004, 06:28:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 01:31 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:23 PM\'] Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

He then bounced back to bring you the weather forecast every night - often from the set of "The Price Is Right."

The picture of the set on that page is really outdated...and I'm pretty sure it's also stolen from somebody's website.  Real professional operation, that. [/quote]
 Looks like it's taken from:

http://members.aol.com/cbstvcity/Stage2.html
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2004, 07:25:10 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:18 PM\'] What are the odds he'll be shown on camera when it's announced? [/quote]
I'm told he will be on camera for the announcement.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 07:25:49 AM by ClockGameJohn »

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2004, 08:03:07 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 06:28 AM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 01:31 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 09:23 PM\'] Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

The picture of the set on that page is really outdated...and I'm pretty sure it's also stolen from somebody's website.  Real professional operation, that. [/quote]
Looks like it's taken from:

http://members.aol.com/cbstvcity/Stage2.html [/quote]
 That article did mentioned that the camera's turned to Rich and then announced he was permanent
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2004, 09:59:32 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:23 PM\'] Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

That link is now down...imagine that.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2004, 10:44:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 09:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:23 PM\'] Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

That link is now down...imagine that. [/quote]
 Doing a Rich fields search yields the new url:

http://kpsp.elemedium.com/html/2646.asp

uncamark

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2004, 11:58:11 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 08:23 PM\']I'm particularly amused by this line:

He didn't play "Range Game" with the day's temperature, did he? ;-)[/quote]
Nah, because once he stopped the report, he couldn't start again for 39 hours.  [ducking]

drmusic_99

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2004, 03:52:29 PM »
Some copywriter either at the Associated Press, or Canada's Broadcast News wire service, has a real lack of tact. This morning's Entertainment Report on the BN wire had the lead line, to the effect: "If history is any indication, Rich Fields will have his new job for the rest of his life."

adamjk

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2004, 08:05:06 PM »
The two other nighttime specials will have themes of encouraging 18-year-olds to vote and celebrating Barker's induction into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame.

I thought they were gonna do another college special. Did they change it last minute, or was the above a mistake?

PeterMarshallFan

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »
(btw, is Daniel Rosen really that bad an announcer?)

!!!!!!!!BAD JOKE ALERT!!!!!!!

Daniel Rosen sucks more than Heidi Fleiss. :-)

ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦBAD JOKE ALERTĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ

[ducking]

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2004, 10:39:39 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 04:28 PM\'] !!!!!!!!BAD JOKE ALERT!!!!!!!

Daniel Rosen sucks more than Heidi Fleiss. :-)

ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦBAD JOKE ALERTĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ

[ducking] [/quote]
 Heidi Fleiss was an alleged "madam", not one of the working girls. So you owe her an apology.