Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No "TPIR" Tomorrow...  (Read 1753 times)

uncamark

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« on: April 06, 2004, 03:24:46 PM »
I posted this on another thread, but if this posting of a CBS press release from TV Barn fends off some "where's 'TPIR?'" posts tomorrow, it'll be worth it.

And for those without cable/satellite access or those with PBS stations running kiddie shows instead, it seems to me that the testimony's more important than Plinko.  "TPIR" should be back on Thursday, I would think.

PeterMarshallFan

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 03:29:55 PM »
"TPIR" should be back on Thursday, I would think.

Surely you jest---how can TPiR be back on Thursday when the PR says it's preempted on Thursday? ;-)

JayC

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 07:13:42 PM »
TPiR is doomed for preemption on Thursday, not Wednesday.

passwordplus

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 08:18:19 PM »
Given the track record in 2003, this episode will probably be held over for late April(when a week of reruns is scheduled anyhow) or Mid June like last year.

massman1

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 12:39:27 AM »
Here's the official word from CBS:

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets/r..._airdates.shtml

Basically, tomorrow's (Thursday 4/8) episode will be a repeat  (presumably pre-empted in the Eastern half of the country).  The week of re-runs has been moved up to next week, except on next Thursday (4/15) they will air the show that was supposed to air tomorrow.

Robert Hutchinson

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 06:51:14 PM »
Huh. I'm surprised they aren't going to just bump tomorrow's show to Friday, since that would resynchronize the taping weeks and airing weeks (Monday's first taped show airing on a Monday, etc.).
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Steve Gavazzi

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 07:27:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 06:51 PM\'] Huh. I'm surprised they aren't going to just bump tomorrow's show to Friday, since that would resynchronize the taping weeks and airing weeks (Monday's first taped show airing on a Monday, etc.). [/quote]
 I see where you're going with this, but it would really throw things off if they did that.  Quite simply, under the current taping schedule, the first show taped in a week isn't intended to be part of the same airing week as the other four.  Besides, now that they've finally hired an announcer, it'll soon be much less noticeable.

Craig Karlberg

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 05:21:18 AM »
Besides, the episode that WAS to be played today has "swapped" places with a repeat episode.  The new episode will air on Thursday, April 15.  Let the taxman commeth all he wants, I just wanna get my TPIR fix for the day.

ClockGameJohn

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 11:52:07 AM »
Today's rerun is supposed to be that of the 12/11/03 show, announced by Burton.

MAKE/BAG/ONE/RANGE/MASTER/1RP - Nothing special.  I'll know for sure when the West Coast airs...IF it airs.

(We'll get the first run show on my birthday instead of a rerun :) )

uncamark

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 02:39:56 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 02:29 PM\']
"TPIR" should be back on Thursday, I would think.

Surely you jest---how can TPiR be back on Thursday when the PR says it's preempted on Thursday? ;-)[/quote]
Excuse me--

In a moment, the game that fascinated a nation...

(I'm in that room--hi Patrick.)

Robert Hutchinson

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 04:54:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 06:27 PM\']Quite simply, under the current taping schedule, the first show taped in a week isn't intended to be part of the same airing week as the other four.[/quote]
I see. Do you know if they have a reason for it?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Steve Gavazzi

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »
There's not really a "reason;" it's just the way things work out.  It just happened that the last round of tapings ended with a Thursday show, and since they generally tape and air in the same order, they're currently starting taping weeks with a Friday show and ending with the following week's Thursday show.

Keep in mind, also, that the concept of synchronizing taping weeks with airing weeks didn't even make sense until about five years ago -- they used to tape six shows a week.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 05:12:54 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

GS Warehouse

No "TPIR" Tomorrow...
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 08:02:02 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 02:39 PM\'] In a moment, the game that fascinated a nation...

(I'm in that room--hi Patrick.) [/quote]
 You're wearing earplugs in the TTD90 room, admit it!

"In a moment, the game that intrigued a nation..."