Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For the Record...  (Read 1832 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
For the Record...
« on: April 08, 2004, 02:50:12 AM »
While doing a search for the CD version, I came across the LP edition:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4006398468&rd=1

Anyone know if $14.99 is an inflated price?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

For the Record...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 03:17:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 01:50 AM\']While doing a search for the CD version, I came across the LP edition:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4006398468&rd=1

Anyone know if $14.99 is an inflated price?[/quote]
If someone really wants it bad (and I heard that the CD version was not a good transfer)--and if it is in good condition--yeah.

However, I bought my version way back in 1975 from the cut-out bin at a Memco store (sorta like a smaller Costco or Sam's Club--you know, Costco--where Woolery couldn't find his Knudsen cottage cheese).  Cost $1.99.  Worth it back then.

One interesting thing on that cover is the photo from the "Treasure Hunt" pilot, with the boxes a little off to the left of Geoff and the contestant instead of behind them.  Would be interesting to see the pilot, especially considering that the quiz idea from the original was included.

ChuckNet

For the Record...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 07:08:36 PM »
Anyone know what the shows in the bottom 2 cover pics are? Neither of them look familiar to me.

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
For the Record...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 07:15:39 PM »
Yep---"Copout" and "Operation Entertainment".
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Matt Ottinger

For the Record...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 10:04:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:15 PM\'] Yep---"Copout" and "Operation Entertainment". [/quote]
 To be a little more specific, Operation: Entertainment was Chuckie Baby's variety series aimed at servicemen.  It aired sporadically throughout 1968.  Cop Out was an unsold pilot featuring stars revealing secrets about themselves (or not, that was the "cop out").  Many of you have seen the pilot that GSN aired.  The picture on the album cover is from a different pilot.

If you're a collector/fan and you want the vintage piece as opposed to the CD, then I don't think $15 is an outrageous price to pay.  I don't see the original turn up that much on Ebay.  However, I've got an even luckier story than Uncamark.  I got my copy years and years ago when a friend found it in the cut-out section of her favorite record store for one dollar.  She bought it for me because she thought it "might be something I'd like."
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

For the Record...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 06:11:17 PM »
Cop Out was an unsold pilot featuring stars revealing secrets about themselves (or not, that was the "cop out"). Many of you have seen the pilot that GSN aired. The picture on the album cover is from a different pilot.

Wonder if that was the pilot referred to in "The GS King" where Burt Reynolds and Teresa Graves argued about an alleged affair, a contestant called the show "stupid", and the "Honest/Cop Out" display failed, finally working after Chuck kicked it when everyone left, breaking a toe in the process.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")