Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: chain reaction/ supertrain theme song  (Read 3234 times)

familyfeudfan

chain reaction/ supertrain theme song
« on: April 16, 2004, 10:50:33 PM »
Has any one ever noticed that the melody from Chain Reaction's theme is in the supertrain theme song?

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 10:54:14 PM »
Apologies to the few people who may not have known, but............

Woolery left Wheel.

Tyshaun

GS Warehouse

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 11:14:03 PM »
[quote name=\'familyfeudfan\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 10:50 PM\'] Has any one ever noticed that the melody from Chain Reaction's theme is in the supertrain theme song? [/quote]
 From what I heard, the CR theme wasn't originally the Supertrain theme per se, but it was a cue from said show.  Of course, I never even heard of Supertrain before my tenure at ATGS...they tell me I'm one of the lucky ones. :-)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 01:37:47 AM »
Okay, I'll bite.  What's "Supertrain?"

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 03:15:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 12:37 AM\'] Okay, I'll bite.  What's "Supertrain?" [/quote]
 IMDB: Supertrain

Brandon Brooks

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 05:47:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 10:37 PM\'] What's "Supertrain?" [/quote]
It's The Love Boat on rails. It's what you put on NBC when you want a derivative of The Love Boat but the concept of a cruise ship (and Aaron Spelling) are already taken.

It's kind of like Twenty One was to $64,000 Question.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 05:57:17 AM by chris319 »

Skynet74

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 09:53:05 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 04:47 AM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 10:37 PM\'] What's "Supertrain?" [/quote]
It's The Love Boat on rails. It's what you put on NBC when you want a derivative of The Love Boat but the concept of a cruise ship (and Aaron Spelling) are already taken.

It's kind of like Twenty One was to $64,000 Question. [/quote]

Talk about a perfect description. That pretty much descibes the show to a T. It originally aired back in 1979. I was only 11. I remember One kid in school who loved the show. That's all he would talk about. In hindsight I should have told the principle so this kid could of had his head examined. :-)

John

calliaume

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 11:15:12 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 04:47 AM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 10:37 PM\'] What's "Supertrain?" [/quote]

It's kind of like Twenty One was to $64,000 Question. [/quote]
 More like Hollywood Connection was to Match Game, but I get the point.

ABC actually shot three Love Boat pilots before they got the thing together.  The first pilot had a totally different cast, the second one got three of the right permanent cast members, and the third one finally got everything right.

By contrast, Supertrain was rushed on the air by Freddie Silverman after NBC's original fall 1978 schedule (which he didn't control) tanked.  (That was also the winter of the Animal House knockoff Brothers & Sisters and Pink Lady & Jeff.)

1) Let's count the game show hosts in the guest star lists!  I count at least four, maybe five.
2) Going back to the original thread, has anyone noticed the similarity between the original Love Boat theme and Barry White's (Love Unlimited Orchestra) "Love's Theme"?  In the first pilot, it was even in the same key.

ChuckNet

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 11:40:36 PM »
From what I heard, the CR theme wasn't originally the Supertrain theme per se, but it was a cue from said show.

And since Bob Cobert wrote the music for both shows, that prolly had something to do w/it. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Observant "Chuckie Baby")

bradhig

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 12:22:31 AM »
You can hear the Chain Reaction theme in the middle of the Supertrain theme. I think all the music cues from Chain Reaction are in there too.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 12:36:10 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 11:40 PM\']
From what I heard, the CR theme wasn't originally the Supertrain theme per se, but it was a cue from said show.

And since Bob Cobert wrote the music for both shows, that prolly had something to do w/it. :-) [/quote]
 Who produced Supertrain anyway?  If it was Bob Stewart, that would explain everything.  Cobert was Stewart's composer of choice at the time, and we all know Stewart's penchant for recycling themes.

Fedya

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 12:46:14 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 11:36 AM\'] Who produced Supertrain anyway?  If it was Bob Stewart, that would explain everything.  Cobert was Stewart's composer of choice at the time, and we all know Stewart's penchant for recycling themes. [/quote]
 Did you try clicking on the link Brandon gave?  Not that the IMDb is always right, but it lists Fred Silverman as the executive producer.

And didn't Bob Stewart have a penchant for recycling everything?  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 12:48:13 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 11:36 AM\'] Who produced Supertrain anyway?  If it was Bob Stewart, that would explain everything.  Cobert was Stewart's composer of choice at the time, and we all know Stewart's penchant for recycling themes. [/quote]
 Bob Cobert's other regular employer, Dan Curtis, produced "Supertrain."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »
I actually have an episode of Supertrain, and yes, during it they start dancing to the CR theme. I'm not sure if that theme was used all that long though (the original theme) as it's not even on the ep. I have.

David