Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Dawson question  (Read 2136 times)

adamjk

FF Dawson question
« on: April 09, 2004, 08:36:46 PM »
I was just channel surfing, and I came across the show What I Like about You. I saw on the bottom of the screen, executive producer, Caryn Lucas. Is this the same Caryn Lucas from FF?

zachhoran

FF Dawson question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 08:52:10 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:36 PM\'] I was just channel surfing, and I came across the show What I Like about You. I saw on the bottom of the screen, executive producer, Caryn Lucas. Is this the same Caryn Lucas from FF? [/quote]
 Yes it is the same Caryn, who, according who a What I LIke About You website, also worked for Grundy on Scrabble and TIme Machine.

uncamark

FF Dawson question
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 04:19:45 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:52 PM\'][quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:36 PM\'] I was just channel surfing, and I came across the show What I Like about You. I saw on the bottom of the screen, executive producer, Caryn Lucas. Is this the same Caryn Lucas from FF? [/quote]
Yes it is the same Caryn, who, according who a What I LIke About You website, also worked for Grundy on Scrabble and TIme Machine.[/quote]
And wrote the Sandra Bullock movie "Miss Congeniality."

GS Warehouse

FF Dawson question
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 08:57:18 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 04:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:52 PM\']Yes it is the same Caryn, who, according who a What I LIke About You website, also worked for Grundy on Scrabble and TIme Machine.[/quote]
And wrote the Sandra Bullock movie "Miss Congeniality." [/quote]
 Funny you should mention that movie.  It will air on CBS this coming Saturday (4/17).

ObGS: TPiR's teachers special airs the following Saturday.

Steve Gavazzi

FF Dawson question
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 10:31:48 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 08:57 PM\'] ObGS: TPiR's teachers special airs the following Saturday. [/quote]
 No, it doesn't...

GS Warehouse

FF Dawson question
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 12:28:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 10:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 08:57 PM\'] ObGS: TPiR's teachers special airs the following Saturday. [/quote]
No, it doesn't... [/quote]
 That's funny, next week's TV Guide told me it did.

zachhoran

FF Dawson question
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 08:11:52 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 11:28 PM\']
That's funny, next week's TV Guide told me it did. [/quote]
 TVG isn't as reliable as it could be, nor is TVG Online.

tvrandywest

FF Dawson question
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:51 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 12:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:52 PM\'][quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 07:36 PM\'] ... Is this the same Caryn Lucas from FF? [/quote]
Yes it is the same Caryn, who, according who a What I LIke About You website, also worked for Grundy on Scrabble and TIme Machine.[/quote]
And wrote the Sandra Bullock movie "Miss Congeniality." [/quote]
And was Supervising Producer on "The Nanny". But jerk that I can be, when I worked there and she casually mentioned that she had been involved with game shows, I didn't know her background. I figured she'd been a contestant somewhere, or perhaps simply a P.A. on her rise to the lofty world of primetime network sitcoms. I never realized she was game show royalty! So while we were friends, I never got to share stories with Caryn. Darn. Somebody bitch slap me!

No, I was too busy trying to pump stories about the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" from Ann Guilbert (Nanny Fran Fine's grandmother, nee wacky next door neighbor Millie Halper).

But my main distraction at the time was the dear, sweet, pretty, lovely Michele Roth (search for recent posts about her if you like) who also worked on "The Nanny". As Bob Hope used to say, "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 08:13:32 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

PeterMarshallFan

FF Dawson question
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 12:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 12:28 AM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 10:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 08:57 PM\'] ObGS: TPiR's teachers special airs the following Saturday. [/quote]
No, it doesn't... [/quote]
That's funny, next week's TV Guide told me it did. [/quote]
 CBS says it does....

davemackey

FF Dawson question
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 01:46:04 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 08:12 AM\'] No, I was too busy trying to pump stories about the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" from Ann Guilbert (Nanny Fran Fine's grandmother, nee wacky next door neighbor Millie Halper). [/quote]
 In the interests of full disclosure, I have been mad for Ms. Guilbert's daughter - actress Hallie Todd, most noteworthy for playing Lizzie McGuire's mom - for almost 20 years (since the "Brothers" days).

Surprising that Robair has yet to chime in on a thread about Caryn Lucas, who will have more responsibilities on "WILAY" if it's picked up next year, now that Wil Calhoun has left the show. I remember Robair being so excited about Caryn joining the show midway through the first season, as he is familar with her work on "The Nanny" and "Miss Congeniality". C'mon, Robair, spill your guts.

uncamark

FF Dawson question
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 02:59:14 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 12:46 AM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 08:12 AM\'] No, I was too busy trying to pump stories about the old "Dick Van Dyke Show" from Ann Guilbert (Nanny Fran Fine's grandmother, nee wacky next door neighbor Millie Halper). [/quote]
In the interests of full disclosure, I have been mad for Ms. Guilbert's daughter - actress Hallie Todd, most noteworthy for playing Lizzie McGuire's mom - for almost 20 years (since the "Brothers" days).[/quote]
Lizzie McGuire's mom?  Damn, I'm getting old.

Actually, even though Hallie's cute, my "Brothers" crush was on Robin Riker, but I do have a thing for redheads.

ObGameShow:  Robin was a good "Pyramid" player.

ChuckNet

FF Dawson question
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 08:03:33 PM »
ObGameShow: Robin was a good "Pyramid" player.

Indeed...she even helped give away $100K once during the Davidson era.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")