Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Feud question  (Read 2031 times)

adamjk

Combs Feud question
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:59:29 PM »
By that I mean, the transparent red stuff seen on some of the later CBS and I assume syndie episodes in the opening, with each family behind it.

ChuckNet

Combs Feud question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 10:11:50 PM »
You mean the sepia tint they would place around the fam while Gene Wood introduced them? It was started in 1991, and as per Brian Conn, was also used on the original 1987 pilot.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

adamjk

Combs Feud question
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 10:44:41 AM »
Ok, now how long did they use it for? Did they only use it up till the FFC, or was it used beyond that? I know they didn't use it till the end, because I have a few syndies from I believe 1994 with it not being used.

Speaking of FFC too, were the families actually introduced by Gene in the intro? From how I understand it, on the FFC shows, Gene would ask a question, give a few answers, but not the top answer. Then he would intro Ray, who would give the #1 answer. This leads me to think the families were not introed by Gene.

Also, how long did the syndie version do this? I know for a while, on the syndie version, Gene would ask a question, give the top answer, and then introduce Ray.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Combs Feud question
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 11:05:52 AM »
From how I understand it, on the FFC shows, Gene would ask a question, give a few answers, but not the top answer.

Here's my recollection of the intro, sample (fake) question included:

"What is the number one answer to this question? Name a popular breed of dog. The survey says the number 3 answer is [CLANG] bulldog. The number two answer is [CLANG] golden retriever. What is the number one bullseye answer? You'll get the answer today as we play Bullseye on...the Family Feud Challenge!"

[this next part would sound a bit different depending on the half, but for half 2...]

"Introducing the challengers, the Morenzo family! Ready for action! Playing against our champions the Allen family! On your marks, let's start, the Family Feud! With the star of the Family Feud Challenge, Ray Combs!"

Ray would give the number 1 answer after he came out.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

adamjk

Combs Feud question
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 09:59:48 PM »
Thanks for the info. One question though, for the second half of the FFC, where Gene more or less said what he said in the intro pre Bullseye, when he said "Let's start the Family Feud!", did they use the FFC logo still, or did they zoom in on the Family Feud logo like they did pre Bullseye?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 10:01:42 PM by adamjk »

ChuckNet

Combs Feud question
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 05:38:25 PM »
Thanks for the info. One question though, for the second half of the FFC, where Gene more or less said what he said in the intro pre Bullseye, when he said "Let's start the Family Feud!", did they use the FFC logo still, or did they zoom in on the Family Feud logo like they did pre Bullseye?

They always used the FF logo on the board for that part of the opening.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
Combs Feud question
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:23 PM »
what happened to the"Eggcrate" timer on FF, and what font did they use in the clock in FF88 as the timer?
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

dale_grass

Combs Feud question
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 05:53:44 PM »
Technology advanced, so they dropped the Eggcrate display and used a heavy Helvetica font for the timer.

BrandonFG

Combs Feud question
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 07:17:18 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 04:44 PM\'] what happened to the"Eggcrate" timer on FF, and what font did they use in the clock in FF88 as the timer? [/quote]
 It's the same timer on the current Feud, with possible slight differences.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

Combs Feud question
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 07:47:43 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 05:44 PM\'] what happened to the"Eggcrate" timer on FF, and what font did they use in the clock in FF88 as the timer? [/quote]
 The eggs hatched at some point between 1985 and 1988, so they had to get a new clock.