Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The current Jeopardy theme song...  (Read 8361 times)

Kevin Prather

The current Jeopardy theme song...
« on: April 11, 2004, 01:18:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the current J! closing music was on the Jeopardy.com site for quite a while, but it appears to have been taken down. Does anyone know where I can get it now?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 01:19:09 PM by whoserman »

petek66

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 06:53:15 PM »
That's not the current theme. I can tell just by looking at the file name that that is the 1998 theme, which is also available at 80stvthemes.com

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 01:13:09 AM »
It actually doesn't sound quite the same as the Supersite's file...although it definitely is the '97 theme.

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:12:11 PM »
I only got to access the theme at Jeopardy.com once or twice..... on the old interface (blue backgrounds).  It never worked for me on the new interface (brownish patterned backgrounds).

Anyways, I was able to record the theme off of the old interface, and I am making it available here.  (Be warned, it is the same quality as the site had it.... very low)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 07:07:09 PM »
Awesome, WP! Thanks!

This is either the one from about a year ago, or it is an alternate recording. The only difference is there is more saxophone in this one.

I'm not picky. I enjoy this recording just fine, but if the other mix pops up somewhere, please let me know. :)

Thanks again!

litpdwi16

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 07:20:38 PM »
Thanks for this, man. Do you by chance have the current Wheel theme without crowd noise?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 12:12:07 AM »
Anybody still have this? I'd like to download it one more time onto my new computer.

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 01:04:26 AM »
OK, wait, I HAVE to share this one if I never did before.

This is an honest observation, one that's made my family and friends crack up when they realize it's true.

When you listen to the Jeopardy theme in any of its current incarnations, including the classic think music, each time it gets to the end of the verse, I swear COMPLETELY that the last line of the verse can be sung with the following words...

"Tip me over and pour me out."

I'm convinced the J! theme is a jumbled version of the old kids song "I'm A Little Teapot", and this is the proof. Try it, and it will never leave your head.

Thank you, I'm here all week!
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 01:26:29 AM »
*Loads up the '01 Jeopardy! theme and tries it*

...oh my God, you're right.

That is freakin' hilarious.  I feel like a total idiot sitting here doing this, but I gotta go try it on the other three versions now. :-)

EDIT:  For what it's worth (which ain't much), it's a lot easier to do with the '84 and '91 themes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 01:38:00 AM by Steve Gavazzi »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 01:42:16 AM »
I've known that for so long. I've even joked about it in the "Name That GS Tune" thread.

WhammyPower

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 07:44:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 12:04 AM\']When you listen to the Jeopardy theme in any of its current incarnations, including the classic think music, each time it gets to the end of the verse, I swear COMPLETELY that the last line of the verse can be sung with the following words...

"Tip me over and pour me out."
[snapback]75846[/snapback]
[/quote]
In other words, what Michael Larson did with his "new-found winnings."

DYosua

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 11:06:21 AM »
The current Wheel of Fortune theme and the 1998 Jeopardy! themes are available here:
http://www.yosuamedia.com/misc/themes.html
The themes run 1:00 and 1:56, respectively.  They will only be up a couple days, but feel free to contact me afterwards if you want them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 12:42:59 PM by DYosua »

wschmrdr

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 11:27:32 AM »
I don't really like the new version of the jeopardy theme too much, though I can understand their need to put variation to it. I'm one of those that is partial to bongoes. If there's one thing I like about the new theme though, is the modified bass line in the 2nd verse.

Wheel's theme is such a disgrace in my mind (has been since they stopped the saxophone changing keys), I won't discuss it.

Griffin, though, to write two themes that have gotten stuck in the heads of even non-game-show fans, must be a genius. That...... is the truth.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »
I don't want to be picky or anything, since you're providing these songs...but that isn't the current Jeopardy! theme.  They haven't used that one in almost four years.

And Wheel's theme actually sounds better when there's background noise.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 12:37:06 PM by Steve Gavazzi »