Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Have they done even one WWTBAM annuity?  (Read 2144 times)

starcade

Have they done even one WWTBAM annuity?
« on: April 10, 2004, 05:43:21 PM »
I remember hearing that any winnings above $250K on the syndie Millionaire would be annuities, but it sounds like we haven't had ANY $500K winners (and, obviously, no millionaires)...

Am I wrong on that assumption?

thgames65

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 06:05:47 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Apr 10 2004, 04:43 PM\']I remember hearing that any winnings above $250K on the syndie Millionaire would be annuities, but it sounds like we haven't had ANY $500K winners (and, obviously, no millionaires)...

Am I wrong on that assumption?[/quote]
You are correct.  The highest amount won this year on SyndieBAM is $250K.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 03:12:21 AM »
No wonder no annuities this season. They must've "jacked" up the difficulty level of the upper tier questions just to keep the contestants from even being offered that chance at a $500K or $1M annuity.

Little Big Brother

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 11:54:05 AM »
No wonder no annuities this season. They must've "jacked" up the difficulty level of the upper tier questions just to keep the contestants from even being offered that chance at a $500K or $1M annuity.

It seems to be the middle tier that's giving contestants more strife.  There have been only 2 or 3 $250k winners and a couple $125k winners this season.  Hitting $32k seems to be more of a challenge.

As for jacking up the difficulty, the questions that I've seen (few and far between, I know) seem to be on par with what Syndie Millionaire usually offers.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 02:50:48 PM »
The syndie "Millionaire" must be nearing the end of its season.  Does anybody know when it finishes up?  I always have a hard time keeping track of new episodes this time of year.  Seems they do reruns for a week or two and then some more new shows, and then more reruns.  The new shows don't always seem to correspond with the "sweeps" periods either.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TravisP

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 02:12 AM\'] No wonder no annuities this season. They must've "jacked" up the difficulty level of the upper tier questions just to keep the contestants from even being offered that chance at a $500K or $1M annuity. [/quote]
 Nothing new as we are waiting over here for our next £500,000 winner and its been over 2 years now along with our last £1 Million being won back in September 2001.

Timsterino

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 06:37:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 02:50 PM\'] The syndie "Millionaire" must be nearing the end of its season.  Does anybody know when it finishes up?  I always have a hard time keeping track of new episodes this time of year.  Seems they do reruns for a week or two and then some more new shows, and then more reruns.  The new shows don't always seem to correspond with the "sweeps" periods either. [/quote]
 New Syndicated Millionaire episodes go through June. I think it is over the last week of June but I am not sure.

Actually, the last Disney MGM show that aired on Friday was in fact the last show taped for this season but it will not be the last aired, obviously.

Tim :-)

Steve McClellan

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 07:28:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 03:37 PM\'] New Syndicated Millionaire episodes go through June. I think it is over the last week of June but I am not sure. [/quote]
 Nope - I have a friend who taped an episode in December. His run in the hot seat will experience its first airing on July 8.

Timsterino

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 07:33:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 07:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 03:37 PM\'] New Syndicated Millionaire episodes go through June. I think it is over the last week of June but I am not sure. [/quote]
Nope - I have a friend who taped an episode in December. His run in the hot seat will experience its first airing on July 8. [/quote]
 I stand corrected. :-)

Tim :-)

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 05:28:32 AM »
July 8???  That's cutting it close to the final weeks of the current J! season.  I know for sure J! usually has a 6-week summer rerun period starting in late July.

I didn't see Friday's last episode from Orlando.  Apparently, WNEP-TV Channel 16 out of Scranton PA must've played an episode from New York.  I wonder if there were any big winners finishing out the week there?

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 08:29:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 04:28 AM\'] July 8???  That's cutting it close to the final weeks of the current J! season.  I know for sure J! usually has a 6-week summer rerun period starting in late July.

[/quote]
 Last season's season finale of SYndie Millionaire aired on 7/25, one week later than the J! season finale last year.