Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: George Clooney defends dad Nick  (Read 1012 times)

DrBear

George Clooney defends dad Nick
« on: April 13, 2004, 03:33:50 PM »
George Clooney has a guest column in Sunday's Cincinnati Enquirer complaining that his dad, "Moneymaze" host Nick, who is running for Congress as a Democrat in northern Kentucky, is getting a raw deal from the local GOP which is punning on George's "The Perfect Storm" as a putdown of his dad, and saying that (a) joking about a fatal event is tacky and (b) if you're going to attack Nick, attack him on his own merit, not his kid's. (I can hardly wait to see the Moneymaze jokes the Elephant crowd comes up with, if they even remember it).

Here's the column
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 03:40:39 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:33 PM\'] George Clooney has a guest column in Sunday's Cincinnati Enquirer complaining that his dad, "Moneymaze" host Nick, who is running for Congress as a Democrat in northern Kentucky, is getting a raw deal from the local GOP which is punning on George's "The Perfect Storm" as a putdown of his dad, and saying that (a) joking about a fatal event is tacky and (b) if you're going to attack Nick, attack him on his own merit, not his kid's. (I can hardly wait to see the Moneymaze jokes the Elephant crowd comes up with, if they even remember it).

Here's the column [/quote]
 I am truly shocked.

I'm not shocked at anything in the article, I'm shocked that this came out of a CINCINNATI paper, had a GAME SHOW HOST'S NAME in it, and Henke didn't post ANYTHING about it! :)

rugrats1

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 06:47:32 PM »
(I can hardly wait to see the Moneymaze jokes the Elephant crowd comes up with, if they even remember it).

If they do decide to jab at Nick's TV career, it's more likely that they'll jab at his hosting duties at AMC (back when AMC was worth watching).

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 06:50:26 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 03:33 PM\'] George Clooney has a guest column in Sunday's Cincinnati Enquirer complaining that his dad, "Moneymaze" host Nick, who is running for Congress as a Democrat in northern Kentucky, is getting a raw deal from the local GOP which is punning on George's "The Perfect Storm" as a putdown of his dad, and saying that (a) joking about a fatal event is tacky and (b) if you're going to attack Nick, attack him on his own merit, not his kid's. (I can hardly wait to see the Moneymaze jokes the Elephant crowd comes up with, if they even remember it).

Here's the column [/quote]
I am truly shocked.

I'm not shocked at anything in the article, I'm shocked that this came out of a CINCINNATI paper, had a GAME SHOW HOST'S NAME in it, and Henke didn't post ANYTHING about it! :) [/quote]
 That deserved a spoiler :) Seriously, if Henke hears about it, I'm sure he'll chime.