Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid is Back!  (Read 6488 times)

TV Favorites

Pyramid is Back!
« on: April 13, 2004, 11:56:14 PM »
Just saw this posted at the GSN boards, so I hopped over to Donny.com.  Take a look for yourself and see the banner at the top of the site.

Interesting?  At first, I thought it could be a leftover banner promoting Donny's incarnation of the show, but underneath the banner, it says that more Details will be given in Donny's may newsletter.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 12:00:08 AM by TV Favorites »

Winkfan

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:52:44 AM »
All I can say is, "Don't count your treasure chests before they're opened!"

Uh....."Don't count your tunes before they're named."

"Don't count your blanks before they're filled in?"

"Your mystery guests before they've signed in?"

What I'm REALLY getting at is, Let's not get our hopes up.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Brett Somers of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

passwordplus

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 01:00:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 12:52 AM\'] All I can say is, "Don't count your treasure chests before they're opened!"

Uh....."Don't count your tunes before they're named."

"Don't count your blanks before they're filled in?"

"Your mystery guests before they've signed in?"

What I'm REALLY getting at is, Let's not get our hopes up.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Brett Somers of the Big Board!' [/quote]
 Now that jives with the post about NYC moving the time slot of Pyramid. Figure it like this, why would a station move a "dead" show to a different time slot(other than late night) if it was going to be cancelled anyhow?

Timsterino

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 02:16:49 AM »
It sure looks like it is coming back from Donny's website. I guess we will see.

Tim :-)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 02:24:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 01:16 AM\'] It sure looks like it is coming back from Donny's website. I guess we will see.

Tim :-) [/quote]
 I couldn't imagine why.
Here's to another season of crappy judging.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 04:53:04 AM »
I wonder if those living in Boston, Philladelphia or LA may have sent a bunch of e-mail to Donny into coaxing him to put that banner up there on his site.  Strange indeed.

catnap1972

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 08:40:36 AM »
It couldn't be possible that GSN bought into a new run of shows, could it?

Pyramid80

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 08:50:13 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 06:40 AM\'] It couldn't be possible that GSN bought into a new run of shows, could it? [/quote]
Why would they want to do that?  If it isn't an original or reality they won't have anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 08:50:27 AM by Pyramid80 »

BrandonFG

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 10:57:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 01:24 AM\'] I couldn't imagine why.
Here's to another season of crappy judging. [/quote]
 Here's the way I look at it: it's a game show. It's better than another reality or makeover show...

However, I don't know if Stephen Brown still lurks, but maybe he and/or other staffers take note of our complaints. Stephen, we don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but trust us with our comments*; we won't steer you wrong. ;-)

*And just for the heck of it, my "constructive criticism" is to keep one steady shot of the team during the whole clue-giving (including Winner's Circle), and don't jump back and forth.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

joshg

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 02:55:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 12:53 AM\']I wonder if those living in Boston, Philladelphia or LA may have sent a bunch of e-mail to Donny into coaxing him to put that banner up there on his site.  Strange indeed.[/quote]
In fact, the L.A. market sent so much e-mail that KCAL moved Pyramid to 12:30 AM because it was so good! Good riddance for a lame-o revival!

Not a fan...

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

passwordplus

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 03:27:05 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 02:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 12:53 AM\']I wonder if those living in Boston, Philladelphia or LA may have sent a bunch of e-mail to Donny into coaxing him to put that banner up there on his site.  Strange indeed.[/quote]
In fact, the L.A. market sent so much e-mail that KCAL moved Pyramid to 12:30 AM because it was so good! Good riddance for a lame-o revival!

Not a fan...

JOSH [/quote]
 I'm sure everyone here is entitled to their opinion, but it is the 2nd Pyramid slam in this thread(not counting the many others that have been posted here before). Lame-O, for example, would be Kenny/Spenney(LAME!) and Funny Money.

Pyramid is a decent classic(at the very least) that has many fans. I would think twice before calling it lame.

uncamark

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 04:30:52 PM »
I just checked donny.com.  The banner's gone.

Make of that what you will.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 04:32:15 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 12:27 PM\'] I would think twice before calling it lame. [/quote]
I've thought about it several times.

The Clark version of the Pyramid is my all-time favorite game show. Save maybe for Concentration.

The Osmond version was crap. The lone bright spot was the discovery of Donny Osmond as a credible game show host. The game itself was a complete butchery of a classic, and pretty much for no other reason other than someone decided they could.

I'm not saying it SHOULDN'T be brought back. Any half hour of game shows is better than Yet Another Access Hollywood (with Pat O'Brien!) But the fanbois around here refuse to see some VERY fundamental problems with their format that keep it from being the great show it could have been.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 04:34:23 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MCArroyo1

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 05:16:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 14 2004, 02:30 PM\'] I just checked donny.com.  The banner's gone.

Make of that what you will. [/quote]
Ummm..
I just checked donny.com. The banner's still there.

Make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 10:37:55 PM by MCArroyo1 »

ChuckNet

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 05:24:48 PM »
I also saw the banner...could the campaign have miraculously worked? I sure hope so...for all its judging flaws, Pyramid's a decent revival, and it'd be nice if Sony reversed its decision and gave it a 3rd season.

And the "Yee-haw!" heard as the Pyramid banner at the top of the page dissolves to the "Pyramid is back!" graphic leads me to believe some good news is in store...

Chuck Donegan (The Optimistic "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 08:32:10 PM by ChuckNet »