Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid is Back!  (Read 6487 times)

Clay Zambo

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2004, 01:05:52 AM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 10:02 PM\'] Well, this by no means makes it official, but the Perf does have the following headline:

Sorry, Folks: Pyramid Reruns Going to PAX

Curt [/quote]
 GRRRR.

I just clicked on that link to read the Pyramid story and saw instead what looked very much like the world's biggest Apprentice spoiler.

Thanks, Steve.
czambo@mac.com

tommycharles

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2004, 01:10:14 AM »
Have you ever heard his explaination of why he does crap like that? "My site is a news site, and as soon as it happens, it's news."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2004, 01:15:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 10:05 PM\'] I just clicked on that link to read the Pyramid story and saw instead what looked very much like the world's biggest Apprentice spoiler.
 [/quote]
 Yeah, it blew Survivor for me, too.

'Cuz you know, those are both game shows and all.

You suck, Beverly.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2004, 01:41:04 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 02:27 PM\'] Ok then, what other game could Donny host and not make a mess of things?

JOSH [/quote]
 I agree with you that Donny would be okay on Concentration, as long as the prizes were truly worth getting excited over.  I also agree with Clay that High Rollers would be good, provided he can handle the arithmetic.

Set aside the question of whether Match Game could ever be successful.  Assuming it were possible, would Donny be good there?  I lean toward yes.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2004, 02:44:30 AM »
If they ever decided to revive "Yours for a Song," Donny would fill Bert Parks' shoes quite well.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2004, 02:49:45 AM »
what other game could Donny host and not make a mess of things?
Name That Incisor.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=incisor

Clay Zambo

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2004, 08:23:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 01:44 AM\'] If they ever decided to revive "Yours for a Song," Donny would fill Bert Parks' shoes quite well. [/quote]
 Or Name That Tune.  He may not be everybody's cup of <Picard>Tea, Earl Grey, Hot</Picard>, but the guy can sing.

As for Match Game, I'd rather see him on a non-celeb show.  Too much shmoozing otherwise.
czambo@mac.com

Clay Zambo

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2004, 08:26:52 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 12:10 AM\'] Have you ever heard his explaination of why he does crap like that? "My site is a news site, and as soon as it happens, it's news." [/quote]
 I can appreciate that.  It's one reason I didn't watch the news last night on an NBC station, and don't have Today on this morning.  

I slammed the window shut as soon as I saw a name and the word "Hired," so as to avoid getting more details.  It'll still be interesting enough to watch tonight with Herself, just not quite the surprise I might have hoped for.  Oh, well.  I'll live.
czambo@mac.com

sshuffield70

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2004, 11:30:15 AM »
Watching the CNBC reruns, eh??

Matt Ottinger

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2004, 12:39:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 08:26 AM\'] I can appreciate that.  It's one reason I didn't watch the news last night on an NBC station, and don't have Today on this morning. [/quote]
 I was filling in on a talk radio station this morning, and the ABC Radio newscast at the top of the hour not only treated the story as a news item, but actually dedicated a reporter and included sound bites.   This for a rival network's TV show.

I'm not at all surprised by the success of The Apprentice, but I am a little...I don't know, disappointed at how we as an audience (and the media at large) accepted it as a bona fide competition.  This was Mark Burnett's dream format: an elimination format in which the eliminations are totally controlled.  Make no mistake, The Donald was a hired hand in this little falderal.  If Burnett wanted somebody fired (or not) then that's what happened, and all it took was a little disclaimer at the end to make it legit.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2004, 02:56:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 11:39 AM\'][quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 08:26 AM\'] I can appreciate that.  It's one reason I didn't watch the news last night on an NBC station, and don't have Today on this morning. [/quote]
I was filling in on a talk radio station this morning, and the ABC Radio newscast at the top of the hour not only treated the story as a news item, but actually dedicated a reporter and included sound bites.   This for a rival network's TV show.

I'm not at all surprised by the success of The Apprentice, but I am a little...I don't know, disappointed at how we as an audience (and the media at large) accepted it as a bona fide competition.  This was Mark Burnett's dream format: an elimination format in which the eliminations are totally controlled.  Make no mistake, The Donald was a hired hand in this little falderal.  If Burnett wanted somebody fired (or not) then that's what happened, and all it took was a little disclaimer at the end to make it legit.[/quote]
The disclaimer appeared before the credits on the first episode and near the end in all of the other episodes, along with "Prize winners must meet..." and "Portions of the program not affecting..."  (Yep, NBC did require this, even if CBS doesn't on "Survivor.")  It said something on the order of "Donald Trump is the sole decider of all contestant elminations, although he receives advice and consultation from his associates and from the producers.  All decisions of Mr. Trump are final."

I'm sure someone on the web has the exact verbiage from the disclaimer--if NBC had run it in bigger type, I probably would've had it memorized by now.

DrJWJustice

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2004, 04:18:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 12:41 AM\'] Set aside the question of whether Match Game could ever be successful.  Assuming it were possible, would Donny be good there?  I lean toward yes. [/quote]
 I really think you'd need a comedian to make a new incarnation of Match Game work.  I'd love to see Dennis Miller host it, but we all know that's not going to happen.

PeterMarshallFan

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2004, 04:29:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 01:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 15 2004, 10:05 PM\'] I just clicked on that link to read the Pyramid story and saw instead what looked very much like the world's biggest Apprentice spoiler.
 [/quote]
Yeah, it blew Survivor for me, too.

'Cuz you know, those are both game shows and all.

You suck, Beverly. [/quote]
The Apprentice spoiler pic made my brain explode, it was so big.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 04:29:55 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

ChuckNet

Pyramid is Back!
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2004, 10:16:46 PM »
IIRC the poster who said Pyramid was going to PAX in reruns posted on April F. Day

Why would they stick a message on Harvey's sister? <ducking>

Chuck Donegan (The Witty "Chuckie Baby")