Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Song Comparison--1st ment. @ GSN Board  (Read 2302 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Interesting Song Comparison--1st ment. @ GSN Board
« on: April 16, 2004, 03:12:58 AM »
And tell me what game show song Santa Esmeralda's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" reminds you of.  What I am uncertain of is whether or not the theme song was a derrative of this song, or if Santa Esmeralda's song was derived from the theme song.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 05:05:37 AM »
IIRC, that song may have been used as the theme to the $1 Million Bullseye pilot from 1979.  I know because I played their Flashgames^2 version.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 08:54:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 16 2004, 12:12 AM\']And tell me what game show song Santa Esmeralda's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" reminds you of.  What I am uncertain of is whether or not the theme song was a derrative of this song, or if Santa Esmeralda's song was derived from the theme song.[/quote]
Santa Esmaralda's version of the song was a cover of the original, popularized by Eric Burdon and the Animals in the '60s.

The GS theme is probably based on Santa Esmeralda's version of the song; I was able to Make The Connection (<Dan Patrick> Game Show Term </dp>) the first time I saw the show.

SPOILER

IF

YOUR

COMPUTER

IS

ANCIENT

OR

HAS

NO

WORKING

SOUND

CARD

MINE...

... it's the theme from <Charlie O'Donnell> BUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS-EYYYYYYYE!!!</co'd> (crash of thunder, flash of lightning)

Esoteric Eric, who first heard the long version of Santa Esmeralda's performance in a large record store in downtown Boston (and first heard the Animals' version some months later)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

ChuckNet

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 10:43:35 PM »
IIRC, that song may have been used as the theme to the $1 Million Bullseye pilot from 1979. I know because I played their Flashgames^2 version.

Yes, it was used as the pilot theme...in fact, Hal Hidey based the actual series theme on that version of DLMBM.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")