Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting thought on PAX's deal with NBC  (Read 3340 times)

adamjk

Interesting thought on PAX's deal with NBC
« on: April 18, 2004, 11:30:49 AM »
As you know PAX, now has a contract with NBC to produce game shows with them. Now that they have this contract, do you think maybe we will see some classic NBC game shows on PAX? Shows like Classic Concentration, Scrabble, Card Sharks, Sale of the Century, Super Password and Password Plus? I certainly hope so.

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 11:35:31 AM »
No, it doesn't mean we'll see classics; this agreement has been in place for several years and hasn't resulted in the reruns of any game shows except "Weakest Link" and "Twenty-One."  Moreover, NBC's doing its best now to dissolve its relationship with Pax.

On top of *that*, most of the shows you list (except "Concentration") aren't owned by NBC, so NBC would have no right to put them on Pax anyway.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:44:24 PM »
From what I have read on message boards, PAX is allegedly on the verge of going off the air and has been close to collapse for the last five years or so.  Myself, I would like to see "The Super Password/Password Plus Hour"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 01:16:34 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 03:09:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 09:44 AM\'] From what I have read on message boards, PAX is allegedly on the verge of going off the air and has been close to collapse for the last five years or so.  Myself, I would like to see "The Super Password/Password Plus Hour" [/quote]
 Huh?

They're the SAME FREAKIN' SHOW.

"And now, for the next half hour, we add the CASHWORD!"

Ooh. Pinch me.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 03:14:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 02:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 09:44 AM\'] From what I have read on message boards, PAX is allegedly on the verge of going off the air and has been close to collapse for the last five years or so.  Myself, I would like to see "The Super Password/Password Plus Hour" [/quote]
Huh?

They're the SAME FREAKIN' SHOW.

"And now, for the next half hour, we add the CASHWORD!"

Ooh. Pinch me. [/quote]
 I wus jes havin fun.  Let's be realistic.  NBC doesn't have any control over Password.  How about the "Concentration/Classic Concentration Hour." ?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 04:00:55 PM »
As for me, I'd like to see the "The Hollywood Squares/Hollywood Squares" hour.

(My vote for worst-idea for a combo ever: "The American Gladiators/Jeopardy! Hour"
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 04:54:22 PM »
How about "The $64,000 Question/Dotto Hour"..I can see the ads now.."We're rigged up a great game for you!".

JayC

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 05:40:43 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 03:00 PM\'] (My vote for worst-idea for a combo ever: "The American Gladiators/Jeopardy! Hour" [/quote]
 That would require an hour and a half.

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 05:54:51 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 03:00 PM\'] (My vote for worst-idea for a combo ever: "The American Gladiators/Jeopardy! Hour" [/quote]
That would require an hour and a half. [/quote]
 <whacking Sarcasm Detector>

Okay, I know this thing blinked out on Jimmy's Password line, but I'm pretty sure it's still working, and this is a little joke, not a serious comment, right? Please?

brianhenke

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 06:14:17 PM »
And just today, Pax aired an episode of Dirty Rotten Cheater...

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

adamjk

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »
lol, that's funny

Speedy G

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 11:34:23 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 04:54 PM\'][quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 02:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 03:00 PM\'] (My vote for worst-idea for a combo ever: "The American Gladiators/Jeopardy! Hour" [/quote]
That would require an hour and a half. [/quote]
<whacking Sarcasm Detector>

Okay, I know this thing blinked out on Jimmy's Password line, but I'm pretty sure it's still working, and this is a little joke, not a serious comment, right? Please?[/quote]
No, actually, they combine the two, so it is an hour.

One of the events is the Wall of Final Jeopardy, where they have 30 seconds to get halfway up, 30 seconds to write something on a chalkboard, and 30 seconds to get to the top before the gladiator yanks them off.

There's also the one where Alex Trebek throws giant medicine balls with questions on them.

Don't forget Assault, where you get pelted with 100 MPH tennis balls until you answer enough questions right.  Or is it question enough answers right......  :D
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

Jay Temple

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 12:20:52 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 02:00 PM\'] As for me, I'd like to see the "The Hollywood Squares/Hollywood Squares" hour.

(My vote for worst-idea for a combo ever: "The American Gladiators/Jeopardy! Hour" [/quote]
 like the WoF/J! seen in some markets is so much better
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 12:50:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 08:34 PM\'] No, actually, they combine the two, so it is an hour.

One of the events is the Wall of Final Jeopardy, where they have 30 seconds to get halfway up, 30 seconds to write something on a chalkboard, and 30 seconds to get to the top before the gladiator yanks them off.

There's also the one where Alex Trebek throws giant medicine balls with questions on them.

Don't forget Assault, where you get pelted with 100 MPH tennis balls until you answer enough questions right.  Or is it question enough answers right......  :D [/quote]
 <doot doot doot doot!>

Whew! It IS working. I was worried there for a few minutes. Thanks for the control test, Speedy. :)