Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark & Krispy Kremes  (Read 3907 times)

TimK2003

Dick Clark & Krispy Kremes
« on: April 17, 2004, 07:32:12 AM »
On Friday 4/16's Larry King Live, during the interview with Dick Clark, Dick mentioned that he always wanted to be the owner/franchisee of a Krispy Kreme Donuts <official snack food of the Game Show Forum> store in New York's Time Square.

Unfortunately, he couldn't get Times Square, but Dick announced that he is the franchisee for ALL of the Krispy Kreme Donut locations overseas -- including England, Wales & Scotland!

Just another reason why Krispy Kreme's are number one in the hearts (and stomachs) of many on the Forum.

And we expect you Brits to do your share in supporting KK over there!

tommycharles

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 07:34:07 PM »
Ok when I go back to Britain this year I'll be sure and support Dick ... I just hope I can fit in the airline seat on the way home :-)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 08:28:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 07:34 PM\'] Ok when I go back to Britain this year I'll be sure and support Dick ... I just hope I can fit in the airline seat on the way home :-) [/quote]
 You can also support Dick by going to Sunset Boulevard at midnight. :-)

[I feel so dirty now...]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 08:40:40 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 05:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 07:34 PM\'] Ok when I go back to Britain this year I'll be sure and support Dick ... I just hope I can fit in the airline seat on the way home :-) [/quote]
You can also support Dick by going to Sunset Boulevard at midnight. :-)

[I feel so dirty now...] [/quote]
 When I need to support Dick, I go to a sporting goods store. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

garffreak

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 09:44:45 PM »
I'm not touching those lines with a 25-foot Plinko stick.

I find that a tad ironic, seeing that Dick Clark has recently come open about having diabetes and being a spokespeson of sorts for the American Association of Diabetes Educators.  Krispy Kremes...probably not the most ideal brakfast food for most diabetics.

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 10:47:23 PM »
Hey, B.B. King used to endorse Burger King, so you could conceivably see him hawking his glucometer in one commercial and high-carb foods in the next.

I think King eventually dropped the Burger King endorsement and now just does the glucometer (I think it's for Roche's Accu-Chek).

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 11:19:35 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 07:47 PM\'] I think King eventually dropped the Burger King endorsement and now just does the glucometer (I think it's for Roche's Accu-Chek). [/quote]
I got an Accu-Chek and it was a piece of garbage IMHO. Replaced it just DAYS later with a LifeStyle, a far superior unit (it seldom has a strip error). B.B. is hawking inferior goods, IMO.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 11:25:36 PM by chris319 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 12:32:37 AM »
[quote name=\'garffreak\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 08:44 PM\'] I'm not touching those lines with a 25-foot Plinko stick.

I find that a tad ironic, seeing that Dick Clark has recently come open about having diabetes and being a spokespeson of sorts for the American Association of Diabetes Educators.  Krispy Kremes...probably not the most ideal brakfast food for most diabetics. [/quote]
 However, they do make a very plain, bland, cake donut.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tommycharles

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 12:37:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 11:32 PM\']
However, they do make a very plain, bland, cake donut. [/quote]
 Cake donut - two words that, taken separately, are the greatest foods ever, and when combined are disgusting.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 12:39:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 12:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 11:32 PM\']
However, they do make a very plain, bland, cake donut. [/quote]
Cake donut - two words that, taken separately, are the greatest foods ever, and when combined are disgusting. [/quote]
 Chocolate-covered cheese, anyone?

Brig Bother

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 06:30:22 PM »
Krispy Kremes?

I only know of them because you lot keep mentioning them!

Perhaps they're just waiting to take off. I certainly haven't seen any anywhere.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 12:51:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 05:30 PM\'] Krispy Kremes?

Perhaps they're just waiting to take off. I certainly haven't seen any anywhere. [/quote]
 While certainly not wishing to get personal, may I inquire as to what part of the country you live in?  Krispy Kreme has reached national, for the most part; except for areas such as Idaho and Montana...IIRC.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 01:01:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 09:51 PM\'] While certainly not wishing to get personal, may I inquire as to what part of the country you live in?  Krispy Kreme has reached national, for the most part; except for areas such as Idaho and Montana...IIRC. [/quote]
 Nationwide? Yes. Ubiquitous? No. Some states, especially Western states (like here in WA) only have a few stores in the entire STATE, and until last year I had to go all the way out to Issaquah (a solid half-hour drive from me) to get the hookup.

(Now Seattle has two, including one about six blocks from Seahawks Stadium and Safeco Field. Is that a licence to print money or WHAT?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 01:02:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 11:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 05:30 PM\'] Krispy Kremes?

Perhaps they're just waiting to take off. I certainly haven't seen any anywhere. [/quote]
While certainly not wishing to get personal, may I inquire as to what part of the country you live in?  Krispy Kreme has reached national, for the most part; except for areas such as Idaho and Montana...IIRC. [/quote]
He lives in the UK, if I remember correctly (the fact that there's a 7 hour time difference between him and me is a pretty good indication), so it's no surprise he isn't aware of Krispy Kreme - heck, there's ONE Taco Bell in the entire country.

Besides, when was the last time you heard an American refer to a group of people as "you lot"??
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 01:17:13 AM by tommycharles »

tommycharles

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 01:03:23 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 12:01 AM\']
Nationwide? Yes. Ubiquitous? No. Some states, especially Western states (like here in WA) only have a few stores in the entire STATE, and until last year I had to go all the way out to Issaquah (a solid half-hour drive from me) to get the hookup.

(Now Seattle has two, including one about six blocks from Seahawks Stadium and Safeco Field. Is that a licence to print money or WHAT?) [/quote]
 Until recently I was sure there were Sonic's across the nation...shows what I know.