Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scrabble questions  (Read 1722 times)

bulldog_06

Scrabble questions
« on: April 21, 2004, 08:46:34 PM »
1) Did the face on the money for blue and pink squares have Chuck Woolery's face on them? The reason I ask because I seen a clip of the finale and it looks like someone's face is on those bills?

2) Is it okay to ask: How much are the format rights to Reg Grundy's Scrabble? Because I am for sure that the format and show screams for a better revival than the 1993 version.

zachhoran

Scrabble questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 09:11:04 PM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 07:46 PM\'] 1) Did the face on the money for blue and pink squares have Chuck Woolery's face on them? The reason I ask because I seen a clip of the finale and it looks like someone's face is on those bills?

2) Is it okay to ask: How much are the format rights to Reg Grundy's Scrabble? Because I am for sure that the format and show screams for a better revival than the 1993 version. [/quote]
 1. I believe they did have Chuck's face on them, hence their affectionate nickname "Chuck Bucks"

2. It costs whatever Fremangle will sell the rights for, if they will.

alfonzos

Scrabble questions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 04:40:08 PM »
When my Scrabble clue was used on the show's open the producers sent me a t-shirt and a pink "Chuck Buck." The play money does indeed have Mr. Woolery's picture on it.

Alfonzo Smith
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Jay Temple

Scrabble questions
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 12:22:31 AM »
I'll bite.  What was your clue, and how did they do with it?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

SplitSecond

Scrabble questions
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 12:54:45 AM »
I would imagine that the audience had no problem yelling it out in unison.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 12:55:07 AM by SplitSecond »

Craig Karlberg

Scrabble questions
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 05:03:22 AM »
I'd settle for the blue bonus squares they use.  After all, blue IS my favoritte color.  Was there a blue Chuck Buck besides the pink one?

zachhoran

Scrabble questions
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 07:43:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Apr 27 2004, 11:22 PM\'] I'll bite.  What was your clue, and how did they do with it? [/quote]
 I don't believe clues/words submitted by home viewers were ever used as game material, but rather used at the top of the show. They sometimes read clues for words ten letters long, and the maingame  and Sprint words were always five to nine letters long.