Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you have not seen "Outrageous Game Shows"...  (Read 4641 times)

tvrandywest

If you have not seen "Outrageous Game Shows"...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 07:51:23 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 6 2004, 01:07 PM\']
As we speak I'm working on a revival of one of our favorite traditional game shows. It has been purposely tweaked to be highly UN-traditional, in order to make it acceptable for the 21st century. Yet clips from the original traditional version of the same show are being rerun into the ground.

When you see they are tweaking it to be highly untraditional, do you mean that to be a good thing or a bad thing? [/quote]
 We'll find out, now won't we!

As an earlier generation announcer once told me, "All shows where the check clears are good shows"   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

adamjk

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 11:34:54 PM »
In case anyone is wondering, the name of the show is What the Blank. I asked Randy about his thoughts on it and whether it will and he responded with the following:
There's a lot that is good about this new version.
But I learned long ago that trying to predict what
network programmers will air, syndicators will sell,
and how the public will respond to any of it is harder
than picking winning lottery numbers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 11:35:47 PM by adamjk »

rugrats1

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 12:00:40 AM »
In case anyone is wondering, the name of the show is What the Blank.

Given the clues that Randy has given in his original post, I bet that this is the 21st century version of "Match Game".

If so, I hope Fremantle has learned their lesson after retooling Card Sharks in 2001.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:01:48 AM by rugrats1 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 12:42:25 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'May 6 2004, 11:00 PM\']
In case anyone is wondering, the name of the show is What the Blank.

Given the clues that Randy has given in his original post, I bet that this is the 21st century version of "Match Game".

If so, I hope Fremantle has learned their lesson after retooling Card Sharks in 2001. [/quote]
 Since when has Fremantle learned anything?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MCArroyo1

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 07:57:41 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'May 6 2004, 11:00 PM\'] If so, I hope Fremantle has learned their lesson after retooling Card Sharks in 2001. [/quote]
 It's not looking good at this point.  After all, the show is called "What the Blank."

But let's wait to see what develops.  It could be a terrific show...
(Or a terrible one)

Vgmastr

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2004, 12:22:41 PM »
Kind of surprising, but NBC won the night in ratings.  MOGSM3 came in a close second to COPS at 8pm, and the original MOGSM actually won the 9pm hour, just barely beating out America's Most Wanted.  I wonder if this will convince NBC to produce any more specials.

The Full Report

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2004, 01:08:57 PM »
With ratings that good, why make new ones?  Just rerun the old ones.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »
wonder if this will convince NBC to produce any more specials.

Do you think there are enough suitable clips left to make another special?  Tying everything together in "categories" like they did must be awfully tough, and when you've done five of them already, you wonder how many other worthwile clips they can "dig" up.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 9 2004, 05:45 PM\']
wonder if this will convince NBC to produce any more specials.

Do you think there are enough suitable clips left to make another special?  Tying everything together in "categories" like they did must be awfully tough, and when you've done five of them already, you wonder how many other worthwile clips they can "dig" up.[/quote]
The fact that the producers of that show have now made two "Outrageous Moments on Live TV" using the same graphics and music as the "Outrageous Game Show Moments" specials and just substituting John Cramer as off-camera narrator for Bob Eubanks as host may answer your question.