Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sony to possibly acquire MGM. Game shows included?  (Read 6680 times)

familyfeudfan

Sony to possibly acquire MGM. Game shows included?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2004, 12:13:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 04:28 PM\'] Possibly, I would say that There could also be revivals of High Rollers, and Gambit. I understand that MGM does not do TV Production much, but really, Sony Pictures Television could dish out new revivals of High Rollers and Gambit! How does that sound? [/quote]
great!

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004, 09:07:49 PM »
and gsn might get the rights to the mgm library so we can see ASB and battlestars.  those were good shows, i watched them when i was little
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 05:17:18 PM by JacksonBrowne1980 »
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

melman1

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2004, 09:44:19 PM »
Sigh.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2004, 12:59:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 04:28 PM\'] Possibly, I would say that There could also be revivals of High Rollers, and Gambit. I understand that MGM does not do TV Production much, but really, Sony Pictures Television could dish out new revivals of High Rollers and Gambit! How does that sound? [/quote]
 About as good of an idea as "The Neighbors" getting revived on ABC Daytime.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

AH3RD

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2004, 02:19:52 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 04:57 PM\'] That won't work, cause the late Gene Rayburn requested that they never air again. [/quote]
And judging the style, format, and quality of The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour (which I agree was all wrong), I'm not sure I blame him!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 02:20:41 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2004, 03:20:06 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Apr 24 2004, 02:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 04:57 PM\'] That won't work, cause the late Gene Rayburn requested that they never air again. [/quote]
And judging the style, format, and quality of The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour (which I agree was all wrong), I'm not sure I blame him! [/quote]
 Did you read the rest of the thread?

That was a rumor based on either A) Gene Wood's claim that he was "dragged kicking and screaming into the hour," or B) comments he made about Break the Bank.

uncamark

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2004, 04:08:41 PM »
Just a reminder--the money's not in the actual existing programs with game shows, it's in the formats--and Sony's a lot better equipped to exploit the H-Q and other formats around the world, particularly in those markets where studio game shows are still more than viable, than MGM seemed to be.

However, there is an MGM property that the new GSN might be interested in, even if it has been exposed elsewhere on cable--"American Gladiators."