Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark & Krispy Kremes  (Read 3906 times)

Brig Bother

Dick Clark & Krispy Kremes
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 07:40:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 04:51 AM\']
While certainly not wishing to get personal, may I inquire as to what part of the country you live in?  Krispy Kreme has reached national, for the most part; except for areas such as Idaho and Montana...IIRC. [/quote]
 Cambridge, Cambridgeshire!

For more details on the crazy foods we sometimes get in the UK, Snackspot is your friend.

rugrats1

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 08:00:14 AM »
Until recently I was sure there were Sonic's across the nation...shows what I know.

I've been aware of Sonic drive-ins since the mid-1990s, when I saw their ads on ESPN. But, Florida didn't get their first Sonic until around 2002 (they didn't even enter Tampa Bay until 2003).

tommycharles

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 10:48:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 06:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 04:51 AM\']
While certainly not wishing to get personal, may I inquire as to what part of the country you live in?  Krispy Kreme has reached national, for the most part; except for areas such as Idaho and Montana...IIRC. [/quote]
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire!

For more details on the crazy foods we sometimes get in the UK, Snackspot is your friend. [/quote]
 Ah...just an hour* away from me in Houghton Conquest, then.

Thomas

*except for mornings, evenings, and days when it rains... so 2-3 hours a year it's an hour away :-)

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 11:24:56 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 12:03 AM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 12:01 AM\']
Nationwide? Yes. Ubiquitous? No. Some states, especially Western states (like here in WA) only have a few stores in the entire STATE, and until last year I had to go all the way out to Issaquah (a solid half-hour drive from me) to get the hookup.

(Now Seattle has two, including one about six blocks from Seahawks Stadium and Safeco Field. Is that a licence to print money or WHAT?) [/quote]
Until recently I was sure there were Sonic's across the nation...shows what I know.[/quote]
You need lots of land for the curb service, which makes Sonic impractical in urban areas and even in some suburban areas.

I'm glad they're around keeping curb service in your car drive-ins alive--there's just something about an attendant bringing out the tray to attach to your rolled-down window--with the baskets that you can't take with you--that's classier than drive-throughs.

ObGameShow:  Seems to me that Sonic did fee plugs at one time in the 80s.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 12:07:33 PM »
I'm glad they're around keeping curb service in your car drive-ins alive--there's just something about an attendant bringing out the tray to attach to your rolled-down window--with the baskets that you can't take with you--that's classier than drive-throughs.

Yeah, but where are the women? Nearly all curb runners have been men here...still, Akron's been very fortunate to have a chain of Drive-In's in the city- we have Swenson's (best. hamburgers. period.) with 6 locations- and Sonic has not dared come this way. We also have wink's, Sky-Way, A&W, B&K, and others that I can't think of right now.
insert signature here

tommycharles

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 12:14:19 PM »
Really? They're all women around here :-D

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 12:35:43 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 11:14 AM\']Really? They're all women around here :-D[/quote]
And they were women at that Sonic in Altus, AR where Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie worked for one-half day on "The Simple Life."  Skanks.

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 11:39 AM\'][quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 18 2004, 12:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 17 2004, 11:32 PM\']
However, they do make a very plain, bland, cake donut. [/quote]
Cake donut - two words that, taken separately, are the greatest foods ever, and when combined are disgusting. [/quote]
Chocolate-covered cheese, anyone?[/quote]
Nuts and Gum.

Together at Last!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Steve McClellan

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 08:07:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 09:35 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 11:14 AM\']Really? They're all women around here :-D[/quote]
And they were women at that Sonic in Altus, AR where Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie worked for one-half day on "The Simple Life."  Skanks. [/quote]
Add St. Cloud, FL and Truth or Consequences, NM to the all-women list. And add the California central coast to the no-Sonic list. :( What I wouldn't give for an ice-cold strawberry limeade right about now...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 08:07:42 PM by gameshowsteve »

Jay Temple

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 11:42:08 PM »
The food that I've had is good, but the guy who does their radio ads is the most annoying radio pitchman I've ever heard.  Okay, that's not fair.  He does an excellent job with the most annoying copy I've ever heard outside of some PSA's.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 08:46:25 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 11:07 AM\']
Yeah, but where are the women? Nearly all curb runners have been men here...still, Akron's been very fortunate to have a chain of Drive-In's in the city- we have Swenson's (best. hamburgers. period.) with 6 locations- and Sonic has not dared come this way. We also have wink's, Sky-Way, A&W, B&K, and others that I can't think of right now. [/quote]
 Nearly all-female staffs at the Akron B&K's:
State & Steels Corners in the Falls,
Rt 59 between Stow & Kent (5 minutes from Kent State Univ.)

(Keeping on topic, Sonic ads are shown on GSN, and A&W certificates were sometimes parting gifts on shows in the 70s).

HYHYBT

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 05:46:56 PM »
I don't think there *are* any "overseas" Krispy Kremes. Unless you count Canada.

Sonic: everything's great except the food.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages