Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel Of Fortune question  (Read 5325 times)

JMFabiano

Wheel Of Fortune question
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 07:03:02 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 12:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 28 2004, 01:18 PM\'] The Shopper's Bazaar pilot ... wasn't called Wheel of Fortune for the same reason it wasn't called ... George of the Jungle. [/quote]
They're turning Gilligan's Island into a reality show.  You don't suppose they'll ever make George of the Jungle into a game show, will they?  I can just imagine: the object is to swing into as few trees as possible.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH...[crash] [/quote]
 Want more ideas along that line?  I know someone's blurty that recently posted some others....;-)

Back to the topic of the WOF pilots...in the thread I asked about, there were some references to someone having seen the Byrnes pilot.  Would this mean someone has a copy out there?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

passwordplus

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 07:19:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 01:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 09:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 28 2004, 12:18 PM\'] If you really heard the announcer say the name of the show was Wheel of Fortune, then you were listening to one of the Wheel of Fortune pilots. [/quote]
Welcome to Matt Ottinger's "Masters of the Obvious"!  :) [/quote]
now THAT would be a good panel show, and one I would gladly serve on. :) [/quote]
 Sounds like a TTTT ripoff, but I am not FreMangle, nor do I have any duck in this race :D

Seriously, the Shopper's Bazaar title might have worked out in the '70s and '80s with the amount of Prizes that had on the turntable(including the Dalmatian, which I am sure you all remember!!)

Clay Zambo

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 11:56:49 PM »
Seriously now, I'm guessing that the title was changed because of its homophonic potential.

"Did you see the lady who won on Edd Byrnes's show yesterday?  Man, that Shopper's Bizarre!"
czambo@mac.com

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2004, 05:34:45 PM »
Oh, yes...Shopper's Bizarre. I loved it when they sang "Feelin' Groovy"....
Whatever became of them?

Oh. Never mind....

adamjk

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
They're turning Gilligan's Island into a reality show. You don't suppose they'll ever make George of the Jungle into a game show, will they? I can just imagine: the object is to swing into as few trees as possible.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH...[crash]

You know, when you think about it, Pitfall was sorta like that.

GSWitch

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2004, 09:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 30 2004, 05:10 PM\'] They're turning Gilligan's Island into a reality show. You don't suppose they'll ever make George of the Jungle into a game show, will they? I can just imagine: the object is to swing into as few trees as possible.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH...[crash]

You know, when you think about it, Pitfall was sorta like that. [/quote]
 Wonder if the bonus round has contestants facing off Super Chicken or Tom Slick (LOL)!