Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joker's Wild clip request  (Read 2947 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Joker's Wild clip request
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:04:47 PM »
Does anyone have the clip of the closing from the CBS finale? It's the one where all the lights went down at the end except for the TJW logo.

Skynet74

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 09:13:09 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'May 1 2004, 04:04 PM\'] Does anyone have the clip of the closing from the CBS finale? It's the one where all the lights went down at the end except for the TJW logo. [/quote]

I never saw that. Definitely would like to though. BTW..... does anyone know the last Broadcast date of the syndicated Joker's Wild from the 80's? My best guess is Summer 1985. How far off am I?

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 09:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'May 1 2004, 08:13 PM\']
  I never saw that. Definitely would like to though. BTW..... does anyone know the last Broadcast date of the syndicated Joker's Wild from the 80's? My best guess is Summer 1985. How far off am I? [/quote]
 May 1986(I think the 23rd) was the last first-run telecast, and reruns aired through early September.

AH3RD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:28:12 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'May 1 2004, 04:04 PM\'] Does anyone have the clip of the closing from the CBS finale? It's the one where all the lights went down at the end except for the TJW logo. [/quote]
 I'd pay to see that show!
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 08:57:58 AM »
I would actually try to get the whole show on tape if you could. It showed what kind of a groove TJW got into in its late CBS run. Some incredibly cool music (dig that commercial cue!) and nods towards the later syndie version (shots of the slot machine below the players, updated category slides, Face the Devil, etc). I wonder why it was cancelled then? Seemed just as good as the syndie run...was there stiff competition against it on ABC or NBC?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 09:05:19 AM »
I would actually try to get the whole show on tape if you could. It showed what kind of a groove TJW got into in its late CBS run. Some incredibly cool music (dig that commercial cue!) and nods towards the later syndie version (shots of the slot machine below the players, updated category slides, Face the Devil, etc). I wonder why it was cancelled then? Seemed just as good as the syndie run...was there stiff competition against it on ABC or NBC?

That's why I was disappointed that GSN took off the CBS "Joker's Wild" before it started getting into the meat of its run.  I think it started to get much better in its second year, but we'll probably never get to see those episodes again.

NBC was running "Dinah's Place" at 10 a.m., but had put Dennis James' "Name That Tune" in that slot by summer 1974.  By the time "Joker's Wild" played its last episode in June 1975, NBC was running "Celebrity Sweepstakes" at 10.  ABC left the slot to local affiliates.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

jrjgames

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 09:24:36 AM »
 Ill try to post a video of the final moments later tonight!