Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AFTER They Were Stars  (Read 6221 times)

SamJ93

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 05:32:27 PM »
Memories are sketchy on this...but I recall a contestant on WoF about 6 years ago who mentioned she had a role in the film "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes."  She said she played "the woman who kept hitting her head" or something to that effect.  Can't remember the name, and I'm not familiar with the movie in question...can anyone who is fill me in?

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

GSWitch

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 06:33:57 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'May 5 2004, 12:43 PM\'] Leonard Stone, who played Violet Beauregarde's father in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, was on Wheel of Fortune in 2000. [/quote]
 I didn't know that!  He played Sam Beauregarde, car delaer.  With Sam B., it's a guarantee.

I bet if he had lost to female contestants, he probably would've yelled to Pat & Vanna...

"I'll get even with you for this if it's the last thing I do!
(Sobbing) I got a blueberry for a daughter!"

Kevin Prather

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2004, 06:49:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 5 2004, 09:05 AM\'] [quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 5 2004, 07:54 AM\'] Remember when Regis had a husband/wife duo on "Millionaire"?  I was thinking that the husband was a guitarist for a hard rock band.  I can't pull out which band it was. [/quote]
I was just mentioning this on another thread here. It was Mike Patton from Faith No More. (Also from Mr. Bungle, but his 15 minutes ran when FNM was big with "Epic".) Wasn't the guitarist, was the lead singer. [/quote]
 I mentioned this in the other thread as well. Chris is thinking of Mike Bordin. He was the drummer in Faith No More, while Mike Patton was the lead singer.

Mike Bordin got into the hot seat immediately after his wife, Marilee Bordin, left. Marilee was a rollover player from the previous show, and both Marilee and Mike lost on the $32,000 question.

MCArroyo1

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 08:41:43 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 04:33 PM\']I bet if he had lost to female contestants, he probably would've yelled to Pat & Vanna...

(Sobbing) I got a blueberry for a daughter!"[/quote]
No, I don't think so.

He'd say something along the lines of
"I had a great time anyway.  Thanks, Pat and Vanna."  Just a guess.

GSWitch

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 09:35:50 PM »
[quote name=\'MCArroyo1\' date=\'May 5 2004, 06:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 04:33 PM\']I bet if he had lost to female contestants, he probably would've yelled to Pat & Vanna...

No, I don't think so.

He'd say something along the lines of
"I had a great time anyway.  Thanks, Pat and Vanna."  Just a guess. [/quote]
 It's only a terrible pun!

I also could've said that Pat & Vanna would also sing the "Oompa Loompa" song as well!

Steve Gavazzi

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 09:47:32 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 09:35 PM\'] It's only a terrible pun! [/quote]
 Yer damn right it was.

[quote name=\'GSWitch\']I also could've said that Pat & Vanna would also sing the "Oompa Loompa" song as well![/quote]

You should probably be glad you didn't...oh, wait.  You just did.  Never mind.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 10:08:59 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 03:33 PM\'] I didn't know that!  He played Sam Beauregarde, car delaer.  With Sam B., it's a guarantee.

I bet if he had lost to female contestants, he probably would've yelled to Pat & Vanna...
 [/quote]
 I bet Sam Beauregarde didn't have HALF of the asinine gender issues that you do.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JohnTheGameMan

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 01:03:11 AM »
Walter Egan was also a contestant on the short lived Art James gamer "Catch Phrase".  He was a champ for one day and did sing a little of his smash hit.

tvwxman

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 04:31:48 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 08:35 PM\']
I also could've said that Pat & Vanna would also sing the "Oompa Loompa" song as well! [/quote]
 There's lots of things you coulda said.

Blanket statement : We wish you didn't.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

MCArroyo1

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 07:57:18 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 08:35 PM\'] It's only a terrible pun![/quote]
Yes, I was well aware of this when I first posted.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 04:36:18 PM by MCArroyo1 »

Jamey Greek

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 08:55:37 AM »
Ike Turner, appeared on Extreme Gong, and one of my teachers told me she saw a Game Show one time where the contestant worked with Simon & Garfunkel, they were in a band together, and it was not going anywhere so he left the band and he mentioned that the members of the band were Simon & Garfunkel, anybody remember that? If so, what show was that, and who was the contestant?

Matt Ottinger

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 12:05:34 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 09:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 04:33 PM\']I bet if he had lost to female contestants, he probably would've yelled to Pat & Vanna...

It's only a terrible pun!
 [/quote]
 For the record, it's not a terrible pun.  It's a terrible joke.  In fact, it's scarcely even that.   Puns involve wordplay.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 12:51:41 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'May 5 2004, 06:35 PM\'] I also could've said that Pat & Vanna would also sing the "Oompa Loompa" song as well! [/quote]
<With words appearing onscreen in a haphazard fashion>

"What do you get when you're gender obsessed?
 Counting men and women doesn't make us impressed.

People will tell you to go get a life
 Or else you'll never find a wife! (No one will marry you..)

Oom-pa, Loom-pa, Loompa-dee-dee
 Treat men and women e-q-ua-ly
 You will live in happiness too
 Like the Oompa Loompa Doo-pa-dees do!"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 04:54:45 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 12:54:53 PM »
Truly inspired.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

AFTER They Were Stars
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 06:00:15 PM »
Former American Bandstand regular Bunny Gibson appeared as a contestant on the 1st season of Whammy...she won the game and took home just over $5K in prizes, despite the asinine move of taking *3* extra spins after securing 1st place in round 1 (guess what happened on the 3rd spin?).

Also, Kaya Wittenburg of Temptation Island fame appeared as a regular contestant on the premiere of PAX's short-lived 03 entry, Dirty Rotten Cheater.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")