Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going to TPiR taping on 5/25  (Read 4493 times)

catkins522

Going to TPiR taping on 5/25
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2004, 06:26:43 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'May 2 2004, 05:11 AM\'] If you find yourself down in San Diego on a Sunday and want to treat yourself, I highly recommend the brunch at Loew's Coronado Hotel on Coronado Island.  The Hotel del Coronado brunch is the more famous of the two, and usually the more crowded, but the Loew's buffet is very good. [/quote]
 I would second that!  It's not pancakes and overcook bacon.  It's crepes and omletes and peeled shrimps and little PB&J for the kids and....  I am hungry for this NOW!!!!

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

whewfan

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2004, 07:00:24 AM »
Of course, you can always do what my brother, his wife and I did and stay at the Econo Lodge in downtown West 3rd Street! It's only 10 minutes away from CBS!

I can hear Rich Fields describe it now... "We'll fly you and a guest to downtown LA where you'll stay at the "I Love the 70s" Edition Econo Lodge". The TV has authentic 13 channel UHF and 70+ channel VHF channel knobs that'll remind you of the reign of Jimmy Carter, and faded orange and pink carpeting that hasn't been changed since Nixon resigned... and you'll get a good night's sleep on a bed with flamingo pink polyester bedding furnished by Murphy Beds of Idaho" (ok, so it wasn't a Murphy bed, but it sounded funny!)

vtown7

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2004, 07:12:48 AM »
Timsterino said:

>>Yes, I won a trip to see "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" from his website here:
http://www.gowherenofanhasgonebefore.com

Tim - slightly OT, I went to the webpage, and it only gave me two choices for affiliates, none of which are in my area.  Did this happen for you?

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Skynet74

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2004, 11:10:33 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 2 2004, 06:00 AM\'] Of course, you can always do what my brother, his wife and I did and stay at the Econo Lodge in downtown West 3rd Street! It's only 10 minutes away from CBS!
 [/quote]

There actually is an Econo Lodge on Vine St that I always stay at while I'm in town. It's clean, up to date with decent Cable TV and a Pool. Best rates you'll find for something a step above "DIVE" status. It also puts you right in Hollywood so you arn't far from much. You can see a photo at the link below.

http://online.travels-web.com/hotel/10005126-10200137O.html

John
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 11:12:57 AM by Skynet74 »

vtown7

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2004, 11:30:29 AM »
I stayed in that Econo Lodge, it was quite nice.  Although I almost had a heart attacked when my friend and I arrived and they said they had no reservation for us!!!

Cheers,

Ryan :)

tvrandywest

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2004, 12:21:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'May 2 2004, 02:11 AM\'] ... The Hotel del Coronado brunch is the more famous of the two, and usually the more crowded... [/quote]
Before you go, watch the movie "Some Like it Hot" (Tony Curtis, Jack Lemon, Marilyn Monroe). After the first half-hour, the rest of the movie was shot at the hotel. You'll feel like you already know the place when you arrive.

And for the Farmer's Daughter, they have fun TPiR events the night before and upon your return from each taping. Check out the "Wall of Fame".

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 12:22:08 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2004, 04:24:02 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'May 2 2004, 07:12 AM\'] Timsterino said:

>>Yes, I won a trip to see "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" from his website here:
http://www.gowherenofanhasgonebefore.com

Tim - slightly OT, I went to the webpage, and it only gave me two choices for affiliates, none of which are in my area.  Did this happen for you?

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 Ryan,

They have been having different contests since the show started. Currently, they have a contest with the two affiliates. If you keep checking the website it does change.

Tim :-)