Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream house theme music  (Read 4466 times)

bradhig

dream house theme music
« on: May 02, 2004, 11:42:42 PM »
Anyone know where I can find theme to the 83-84 version of dream house? After playing the bonus round on flashgameshows I tried looking for it but couldn't find the theme anywhere.  It seemed like the golden doors didn't always work because the top didn't light unless they won. Why didn't they just light up sections according to how many numbers they got right?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
dream house theme music
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 12:08:29 AM »
[quote name=\'bradhig\' date=\'May 2 2004, 08:42 PM\'] Why didn't they just light up sections according to how many numbers they got right? [/quote]
 Because...they didn't...want to...do it...that way.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

dream house theme music
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 10:11:27 AM »
[quote name=\'bradhig\' date=\'May 2 2004, 10:42 PM\'] Anyone know where I can find theme to the 83-84 version of dream house? After playing the bonus round on flashgameshows I tried looking for it but couldn't find the theme anywhere.  It seemed like the golden doors didn't always work because the top didn't light unless they won. Why didn't they just light up sections according to how many numbers they got right? [/quote]
 It's supposed to work that way.  There were three notes and three light sections.  The fourth one leads to the win.

As one who has actually gotten a few of them, the resulting cue doesn't match the show.  They had to substitute TPIR's DSW for what's known as the "Scrabble sirens" (can't explain why it's called that) 'cause that hasn't been found on the net yet.

tyshaun1

dream house theme music
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 11:56:34 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:11 AM\'] [quote name=\'bradhig\' date=\'May 2 2004, 10:42 PM\'] Anyone know where I can find theme to the 83-84 version of dream house? After playing the bonus round on flashgameshows I tried looking for it but couldn't find the theme anywhere.  It seemed like the golden doors didn't always work because the top didn't light unless they won. Why didn't they just light up sections according to how many numbers they got right? [/quote]
It's supposed to work that way.  There were three notes and three light sections.  The fourth one leads to the win.

As one who has actually gotten a few of them, the resulting cue doesn't match the show.  They had to substitute TPIR's DSW for what's known as the "Scrabble sirens" (can't explain why it's called that) 'cause that hasn't been found on the net yet. [/quote]
 Actually Steve, they DID use the same sound effect for a house win that Scrabble used for the "Bonus Sprint" win, and what $OTC used for their jackpot win. BTW, they used 6 notes, not three. In other announcements, I am formally changing my name to Zach Miles.

Tyshaun

JMFabiano

dream house theme music
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 07:03:47 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:11 AM\']
It's supposed to work that way.  There were three notes and three light sections.  The fourth one leads to the win. [/quote]
 I had to sing it: "Dream HOUSE!  DREAM House!  Dream HOUSE!  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!"
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

davemackey

dream house theme music
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 10:00:38 PM »
Nobody has either Dream House theme (there were actually two). I've never seen them floating around on a piece of tape or a website anywhere.

I preferred the first one. The second one was relatively blah, and I do recall one time someone slipped and played the OLD theme on the close of a more recent episode (it was a celeb episode featuring Betty White and I think Vicki Lawrence playing on behalf of humane charities).

Don Howard

dream house theme music
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 10:02:14 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:00 PM\'] Nobody has either Dream House theme (there were actually two). I've never seen them floating around on a piece of tape or a website anywhere.

I preferred the first one. The second one was relatively blah, and I do recall one time someone slipped and played the OLD theme on the close of a more recent episode (it was a celeb episode featuring Betty White and I think Vicki Lawrence playing on behalf of humane charities). [/quote]
 Was the grand prize a dog house?

Fedya

dream house theme music
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 11:10:40 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:00 PM\'] (it was a celeb episode featuring Betty White and I think Vicki Lawrence playing on behalf of humane charities). [/quote]
 As opposed to an inhumane charity?  :-p
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
dream house theme music
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 11:18:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'May 3 2004, 08:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:00 PM\'] (it was a celeb episode featuring Betty White and I think Vicki Lawrence playing on behalf of humane charities). [/quote]
As opposed to an inhumane charity?  :-p [/quote]
 The Association For The Furthering Of Clubbing Baby Seals? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Skynet74

dream house theme music
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 12:46:39 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'May 3 2004, 09:00 PM\'] Nobody has either Dream House theme (there were actually two). I've never seen them floating around on a piece of tape or a website anywhere.
 [/quote]

That's unfortunate since the Dream House theme is one of my favorites. I'm confident that one day it will appear..... but as of now if someone out there has it they are keeping it a secret. My favorite was the second and most recent theme. I have actually heard that theme in the clear. However that's from when I was in the studio and they rolled full credits. The theme really rocked when the Guitar Hook came in. Who owns the rights to Dream House now? Is it Lorimar? I want to track down a copy of that theme. I'll try to get both versions.

John

Craig Karlberg

dream house theme music
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 04:48:51 AM »
That's a tough nut to crack here.  It's probably collecting dust in some vault somewhere waiting for someone to lay claim to it & legally buy the rights off of it for distribution purposes.  Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind hearing BOTH themes in the clear just to hear which one I prefer best.

davemackey

dream house theme music
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 06:48:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'May 4 2004, 12:46 AM\'] Who owns the rights to Dream House now? Is it Lorimar? I want to track down a copy of that theme. I'll try to get both versions. [/quote]
 I'm thinking that the Reid company might still have it under their control.

Ian Wallis

dream house theme music
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 02:11:30 PM »
The second one was relatively blah, and I do recall one time someone slipped and played the OLD theme on the close of a more recent episode

You are correct - I remember that too.  It surprised me at the time because I thought that once they changed to the new music they wouldn't even have the old music in the booth anymore - especially since they never used it again except for that one time.

My favorite was the second and most recent theme. I have actually heard that theme in the clear. However that's from when I was in the studio and they rolled full credits.

I'd like to get copies of them too!  I'm surprised you heard the theme over the credits - it must have been one of those shows where the audience didn't applaud at the end.  I saw "Battlestars" in LA around the same time, and we in the audience couldn't hear the theme at all over the applause.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gameshowhost1

dream house theme music
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 03:15:35 PM »
Since I used to do "High Q" here in Huntington, WV, we used the "College Bowl" format with those folks, Don Reid & company providing the questions under the title "High School Bowl."  Don & his son Richard came to Huntington when Art Fleming was here in 1980 to do the CBS radio college finals of College Bowl.  I had Art on my radio show(a top-notch guy and talent)and I met Don & Richard.  Since my ambition has always been to be a national game show host, I did my best to get with them, talk to them, tell them of my ambitions, etc.  Don, whose company was based in NYC then, now in Calif., told me if I came to NYC to come by and talk to him.  Long story short, I was there visiting a couple of months later and he wouldn't give me the time of day.  His son Richard also blew me off after giving me a glimmer of hope about helping me.  I mentioned to Don about the Dream House themes.  He said he had the themes and would send them to me.  Never heard from the guy.

Skynet74

dream house theme music
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 05:58:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 4 2004, 01:11 PM\']
I'd like to get copies of them too!  I'm surprised you heard the theme over the credits - it must have been one of those shows where the audience didn't applaud at the end. [/quote]

You are correct. During my trip to Dream House the audience did not applaud during the credits. Applause was added in Post Production.

John