Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR cues used on commercials/TV  (Read 4430 times)

digiblader

TPIR cues used on commercials/TV
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:41:12 AM »
I was just watching, and saw a commercial for the A-Rod coin there.. and I noticed they were using one of TPIR's car cues.

Any other commercials or shows where TPIR's cues are used

(Oh, and MG/HS hour is already taken.. I know they used the Superball cue there.)

TPIRkid79

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 08:55:20 AM »
I discovered back in the early 1980's, "The Beanstalker" was used in NBC Sports promos. Also, I heard the "Eazy as 123" think cue being used in some radio commercials not too long ago.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'May 6 2004, 07:41 AM\'] I was just watching, and saw a commercial for the A-Rod coin there.. and I noticed they were using one of TPIR's car cues.

(Oh, and MG/HS hour is already taken.. I know they used the Superball cue there.) [/quote]
 EUbanks/Rafferty CS used car, trip, and prize cues from TPIR(mostly from the 1983 package of cues) when discussing cars, trips, and other prizes.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 09:07:53 AM »
I can also remember the "Eazy as 1-2-3" music being used on the first "Big Brother;" I can't remember the exact scene it was the background music for, but I do remember it distinctly being used because I sat there thinking, "Boy; can CBS use TPIR cues on any of their shows?"  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Jamey Greek

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »
On the NBC Comedy from 1986-1990 "Amen" Starring Sherman Hemsley about a church Deacon, there was a TPIR cue, used during an organ solo.

SamJ93

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 10:58:21 AM »
I've also heard the "Easy as 1-2-3" think music in a number of radio commercials.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the song is just from a stock music library (i.e. not unique to TPiR) and anyone can use it.  (Provided they pay the proper licensing and legal fees, of course.)

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 11:31:10 AM »
I heard the old "Safecrackers" cue on some cartoons and an old Peter Sellers movie. :/
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 11:41:47 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'May 6 2004, 09:58 AM\']I've also heard the "Easy as 1-2-3" think music in a number of radio commercials.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the song is just from a stock music library (i.e. not unique to TPiR) and anyone can use it.  (Provided they pay the proper licensing and legal fees, of course.)[/quote]
You're correct.

And at about the same time as their debut on "TPIR," many of the same cues from the 1976 package were used in the opening segments on the magazine show "NBC SportsWorld" (which had an original theme credited to Score).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 11:43:51 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'May 6 2004, 05:41 AM\'] I was just watching, and saw a commercial for the A-Rod coin there.. and I noticed they were using one of TPIR's car cues.

[/quote]
A-Rod on a denomination of money. The irony is delicious. They should sell A-Rod three-dollar bills.

Now, are you asking for shows that use TPiR cues, or TPiR cues used on other shows? 'Cuz the question is raised as to when they started using the MGHSH cue for Super Ball. SB debuted in '81, and MGHSH was '83. Did they use the same cue for the whole run of Super Ball?

I remember back in the day they used to use the Family Feud theme for a car cue, as well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 11:47:44 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 11:50:28 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 6 2004, 10:43 AM\']I remember back in the day they used to use the Family Feud theme for a car cue, as well.[/quote]
With the banjos mixed out.

They're still using the tail end of the "Feud" theme for the Grand Game reveal--and isn't the rhythm track from the 1994 version used frequently as a Showcase bed?

WhammyPower

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 12:35:35 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 6 2004, 09:50 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 6 2004, 10:43 AM\']I remember back in the day they used to use the Family Feud theme for a car cue, as well.[/quote]
With the banjos mixed out.

They're still using the tail end of the "Feud" theme for the Grand Game reveal--and isn't the rhythm track from the 1994 version used frequently as a Showcase bed? [/quote]
 Yes, and as a car cue as well.

Skynet74

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 01:59:57 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'May 6 2004, 07:41 AM\'] I was just watching, and saw a commercial for the A-Rod coin there.. and I noticed they were using one of TPIR's car cues.

(Oh, and MG/HS hour is already taken.. I know they used the Superball cue there.) [/quote]

The 70's weekly syndicated Childrens Television series "Marlo And The Magic Movie Machine" used to use some Price Is Right music. Score Productions also wrote that programs theme.

John

GSWitch

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 04:50:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TPIRkid79\' date=\'May 6 2004, 06:55 AM\'] I discovered back in the early 1980's, "The Bean Stalker" was used in NBC Sports promos. [/quote]
 I can vouch for that!  It was used for The Arlington Million (horse racing).

Robair

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 05:02:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 6 2004, 10:43 AM\'] Now, are you asking for shows that use TPiR cues, or TPiR cues used on other shows? 'Cuz the question is raised as to when they started using the MGHSH cue for Super Ball. SB debuted in '81, and MGHSH was '83. Did they use the same cue for the whole run of Super Ball? [/quote]
 No, they used the "Starcrossed" mix for the early days of Super Ball. They didn't start using the MGHSH theme until just after that show went off the air on NBC.

As for the "Feud" cues, they were used on TPIR as early as May of 1976, two months before "Feud" went on the air, so technically they predated "Feud". The story goes that they took the track as it existed and then overlaid the country instruments on it at the request of Mark Goodson, who thought that piece of music, with some simple augmentation, would be a great "Feud" theme.
--Robair

ChuckNet

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 05:48:24 PM »
I heard the old "Safecrackers" cue on some cartoons and an old Peter Sellers movie. :/

LOL...and the 2nd SC cue (Kennedy, daytime 92-95) was used once as a music cue for one of the mini-docs on Hit Man.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")