Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two newsmen who are playing Jeopardy! this week.  (Read 1995 times)

joshg

Two newsmen who are playing Jeopardy! this week.
« on: May 10, 2004, 05:24:13 PM »
Here's a link (that hopefully works) to an article from the Phily Inquirer pimping everybody's favorite game of answers and questions...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertain...8629191.htm?&1c

...or if it doesn't work, basically it talks about these two playing the game and their prior game show connections... and no, the Mole isn't Anderson's only connection.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 09:31:32 PM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

cyberjoek

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 05:37:35 PM »
I can help with Anderson Cooper,
He's currently the host of Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN but GS fans may know him better as the host of the first two seasons (and there by all the civie seasons) of the US Mole.

-Joe Kavanagh

inturnaround

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:50:02 PM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'May 10 2004, 04:37 PM\'] I can help with Anderson Cooper,
He's currently the host of Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN but GS fans may know him better as the host of the first two seasons (and there by all the civie seasons) of the US Mole.
 [/quote]
 He's also the son of designer Gloria Vanderbilt.

Aaron Brown is also a CNN anchor, known best from his live coverage during 9/11. (I'll never forget the moment the first tower collapsed and he was looking behind him, completely dumbfounded like us all) He hosts Newsnight with Aaron Brown.

I'll fondly remember him as the original host of ABC's overnight show "World News Now". It's irreverent, it's informative, it's the best network news show hands down.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 09:55:14 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 10 2004, 08:50 PM\']

I'll fondly remember him as the original host of ABC's overnight show "World News Now". It's irreverent, it's informative, it's the best network news show hands down. [/quote]
 WAS the best news program...but now it's a shell of it's former self...they've seen great anchors do wonders with that show....Aaron, Mark, Asha..... to name a few

Now, it's just like every other homogenized news program... except with an accordion (thank goodness they haven't dumped him yet!)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 09:57:59 PM »
Just for the record, you two Joes, the original post wasn't really asking for identifying information about the two newsmen.  He was merely phrasing his topic subtitle in the form of a question.

Although I must say that the sentence "He hosts Newsnight with Aaron Brown." definitely qualifies you for a position on the panel of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 09:58:25 PM »
I'll fondly remember him as the original host of ABC's overnight show "World News Now". It's irreverent, it's informative, it's the best network news show hands down.

A TVG write-up in 1992 said that "they may be working at 3 AM, but anchors Aaron Brown and Lisa McRee are ready for primetime"...and it was much better than NBC's Nightside, a competing overnight newscast that debuted around the same time.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 10:04:26 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 10 2004, 09:58 PM\']

A TVG write-up in 1992 said that "they may be working at 3 AM, but anchors Aaron Brown and Lisa McRee are ready for primetime"...and it was much better than NBC's Nightside, a competing overnight newscast that debuted around the same time. [/quote]
 Still, they all pale in comparison to the first snarky late-night news show, NBC News Overnight with Lloyd Dobyns and Linda Ellerbee.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 10:13:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 10 2004, 09:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 10 2004, 09:58 PM\']

A TVG write-up in 1992 said that "they may be working at 3 AM, but anchors Aaron Brown and Lisa McRee are ready for primetime"...and it was much better than NBC's Nightside, a competing overnight newscast that debuted around the same time. [/quote]
Still, they all pale in comparison to the first snarky late-night news show, NBC News Overnight with Lloyd Dobyns and Linda Ellerbee. [/quote]
 And so it goes.

Unrealtor

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 01:29:02 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 10 2004, 08:50 PM\']I'll fondly remember him as the original host of ABC's overnight show "World News Now". It's irreverent, it's informative, it's the best network news show hands down.[/quote]
And I'll also remember Anderson as a somewhat later host of World News Now. Although I seem to recall that his stint was pretty brief, and that the reason he left was to host "The Mole." I've been going to bed at a decent hour for entirely too long now. It's been ages since I saw WNN.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 01:29:28 AM by Unrealtor »
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

joshg

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
Not to wildly veer this thread back on topic... I read the article and I thought it was interesting that Anderson was an impostor on the 70s TTTT and Aaron tried out for Joker's Wild.

And now, back to the WNN discussion...

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Terry K

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 06:08:34 AM »
Anderson *was* an imposter on TTTT 7x.

And for more GS related item:  Dick Debartolo was working at ABC News at the time Anderson was on WNN (he actually worked on WNN, IIRC)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 10:05:12 AM »
And as a part of this sweeps stunt, Keith Olbermann's one of the contestants on today's episode (there's at least a couple of KO fans here).  I'll be looking for a happy recap later, as I didn't get the chance to set the VCR before leaving the homestead (and Chicago's one of the markets that doesn't air J! at night).

Doug -- and the countdown (with Keith Olbermann) to 500 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 10:14:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'May 13 2004, 05:08 AM\'] Anderson *was* an imposter on TTTT 7x.

And for more GS related item:  Dick Debartolo was working at ABC News at the time Anderson was on WNN (he actually worked on WNN, IIRC) [/quote]
 It may have been a closer "match" if it had been Debartolo instead of Bartiromo on the show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.