Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Odd Couple" Password ep.  (Read 1596 times)

DjohnsonCB

"Odd Couple" Password ep.
« on: May 12, 2004, 11:04:07 AM »
Tune in at 10:30 ET/ 9:30 Central (is saying "tonight" allowed now?)
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 04:09:49 PM »
That's a great episode, but there is a whole scene cut out of it which hasn't been seen since its original ABC airing.  

Oscar and Felix enter the "Password" set and Felix asks Oscar "doesn't it look bigger on television?"  Then they see Betty White, who coaches her partner with "some old lightning round words".  Betty sees them and makes some comment about being ready to beat them.  It's only about 30 seconds or so, but would be nice to see again.

Sometimes shows are "re-edited" over the years adding some formerly deleted scenes and subtracting some others, but I've never seen a re-edit of this episode.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

inturnaround

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 05:04:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 12 2004, 03:09 PM\'] That's a great episode, but there is a whole scene cut out of it which hasn't been seen since its original ABC airing.  

[/quote]
 I wouldn't be surprised to see the original episode appearing on the DVD of "The Odd Couple" when Paramount gets around to releasing it. They seem to be concentrating on "Happy Days" not surprisingly, but with the TV on DVD trend getting stronger, it only seems like a matter of time before you will be able to see it again in all its digital glory.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Pyramid80

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 10:22:30 AM »
I didn't get a chance to watch this last night, but did TV Land edit out the scenes that was mentioned by Iam Wallis?

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 11:10:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'May 13 2004, 09:22 AM\']I didn't get a chance to watch this last night, but did TV Land edit out the scenes that was mentioned by Iam Wallis?[/quote]
Nowadays, with everything distributed on tape, it's more likely that TVL received what Paramount had already reformatted.

Of course, in this case it's all one Viacom hand feeding the other...