Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "What The Blank"  (Read 8988 times)

Terry K

"What The Blank"
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2004, 06:00:48 AM »
Both GDL and the Seacrest spew are produced by FOX (GDL is just an extension of KTTV's morning show), and I suspect that Seacrest's show will be toast anytime now.  He's just awful and that's all I can say about it.  (The fact that this twit has displaced Kasey Kasem, Rick Dees, and the Wayne Brady show really irks me)

Seacrest's show isn't getting the ratings, and trust me, if you're in line for TPIR, you'll be practically begged to take tickets to Seacrest.  I got annoyed that the hawker kept pushing off tickets to low-rated CRAP while I was in line for TPIR.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
"What The Blank"
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'May 13 2004, 05:00 AM\'] Seacrest's show isn't getting the ratings, and trust me, if you're in line for TPIR, you'll be practically begged to take tickets to Seacrest.  I got annoyed that the hawker kept pushing off tickets to low-rated CRAP while I was in line for TPIR. [/quote]
 Did they really?  I mean at CBS Television City, don't they prohibit loitering? hehe
-Sanford

Jimmy Owen

"What The Blank"
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2004, 09:38:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'May 13 2004, 05:00 AM\'] Both GDL and the Seacrest spew are produced by FOX (GDL is just an extension of KTTV's morning show), and I suspect that Seacrest's show will be toast anytime now.  He's just awful and that's all I can say about it.  (The fact that this twit has displaced Kasey Kasem, Rick Dees, and the Wayne Brady show really irks me)

Seacrest's show isn't getting the ratings, and trust me, if you're in line for TPIR, you'll be practically begged to take tickets to Seacrest.  I got annoyed that the hawker kept pushing off tickets to low-rated CRAP while I was in line for TPIR. [/quote]
Being produced and distributed by FOX is different that being a FOX network show. Disney (owner of ABC) distributes Viera WWTBAM, but it is not an ABC network show and Regis, while at one time just the WABC local morning show is not a network show, nor are WOF and J! or Oprah or Phil CBS network shows, despite being distributed by Viacom controlled companies.  It may be splitting hairs, but GDL and Seacrest are not FOX network shows.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 09:43:18 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

"What The Blank"
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2004, 11:25:23 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'May 12 2004, 08:26 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 10 2004, 11:39 AM\'] The fact that "Good Day Live!" is in syndication rather than being on the network is proof that the affils don't want a show crammed down their throats in daytime. [/quote]
I thought that GDL was indeed a FOX Network show along with Live w/ Ryan Secrest?  Then what percentage of the local FOX affiliates carry it?  

[/quote]
Technically, both "GDL" and "On Air" are syndicated series distributed by Fox subsid 20th Television and airing on Fox-owned stations, so it's understandable that you'd think that they were Fox *network* projects (the fact that they cross-plug Fox a lot would also lead you to think that they were network), but they aren't.  The station list on the "GDL" web site doesn't indicate network affiliation, but with the exception of Viacom-owned UPN affil KBHK in San Francisco, most of the call letters I recognize on the list are either Fox affils or Fox-owned UPN affils in Fox-owned duopoly markets.  Since "On Air" doesn't have one complete station  list on its site, the states I looked at look like the same thing (complete with KBHK carrying the show in the Bay Area).  The difference, of course, is that 20th only takes four minutes an hour or so of national ads on each show--if it was network, Fox would probably want a higher percentage of national ads.

I don't believe that GDL is pulling in any eye opening numbers, so might FOX might be testing WtB for a possible replacement for at least half of the afternoon gabfest?

Despite its atrocious total household numbers, it is showing growth in key demos, so 20th is willing to hang on with it for a while--besides, all of the talent and I assume most of the staff all work on "Good Day LA" and so they're not spending that much extra for the national show.

And with all due respect, I'm not going to complain one bit about a broadcast network considering a studio game show for prime time placement.  Not one bit.