Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tonight's (5/13) Millionaire qualifying attempt  (Read 1884 times)

ChuckNet

Tonight's (5/13) Millionaire qualifying attempt
« on: May 14, 2004, 12:24:42 AM »
After bombing on 3 of my practice calls, I finally decide there's no sense in postponing and make the real one. Here are the questions I got...

ATW to form song title from My Fair Lady:
1. Loverly
2. Wouldn't
3. It
4. Be

2-3-4-1, no tricks involved, and onto 2...

Put these ad characters in order of when they were introduced, starting w/earliest:
1. Budweiser Frogs
2. Jared the Subway Guy
3. The Marlboro Man
4. Mikey from Life cereal

TV watching pays off, LOL...it's 3-4-1-2, and here comes 3...

Arrange novels in order by war chronicled in each, starting w/earliest:
1. All Quiet On the Western Front
2. Gone w/the Wind
3. The Last of the Mohicans
4. ? (the war in question was def WWII, though)

History knowledge also pays off. :-) Correct order's 3-2-1-4, and now for #4...

Put these Robert DeNiro films in order of release, starting w/most recent:
1. Wag the Dog
2. Backdraft
3. The Untouchables
4. Analyze This

Same story, only w/film knowledge...uncertain about 1 and 4, but I deduced that WtD came before AT, and entered 4-1-2-3...it's correct, and now comes the final question...will I be eagerly awaiting a callback, or kicking myself for tripping up on the last Q? Let's find out...

Put these rivers in order by length, starting w/longest:
1. Nile
2. Missisippi
3. Sen(?)
4. Congo

I again resort to educated guessing...Nile must be the longest, then Congo...never heard of #3, should it go next-to-last or last? I decide on the latter, entering 1-4-2-3...the next words from Fred, the question guy?

"You have correctly answered all 5 questions. Now you will select a tape date."...although it was obscured by my joyful cries of "YES!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!", etc. :-)

If the call comes, it'll be tomm, between 9-noon...gave them the # of my workplace, since I'm there from 9-1. Hopefully they'll get through there w/no probs.

I'm almost hyperventilating w/joy...wish me luck! ;-)

Chuck Donegan (The Ecstatic "Chuckie Baby")

ShoeHorn

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 02:23:34 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 13 2004, 11:24 PM\'] Put these rivers in order by length, starting w/longest:
1. Nile
2. Missisippi
3. Sen(?)
4. Congo

"You have correctly answered all 5 questions. Now you will select a tape date."...although it was obscured by my joyful cries of "YES!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!", etc. :-)

If the call comes, it'll be tomm, between 9-noon...gave them the # of my workplace, since I'm there from 9-1. Hopefully they'll get through there w/no probs.

I'm almost hyperventilating w/joy...wish me luck! ;-)

Chuck Donegan (The Ecstatic "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Great job and you got the question that nixed me on my first attempt last time around, I believe. I had mixed up that #3 and Congo and thus knocked out for that night and never quite recovered.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 04:59:54 AM »
Congrats Chuck.  Hope to see you on TV next week.

That makes post #300 for me YAHOO!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 06:58:28 AM »
Very nice job.  Good luck on getting that call.

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 08:10:37 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 13 2004, 11:24 PM\']
Put these rivers in order by length, starting w/longest:
1. Nile
2. Missisippi
3. Sen(?)
4. Congo

I again resort to educated guessing...Nile must be the longest, then Congo...never heard of #3, should it go next-to-last or last? I decide on the latter, entering 1-4-2-3...the next words from Fred, the question guy?

Sen=Seine maybe?

And what are the odds of getting the callback this around? 1 in 1000 maybe; I know we'll all be waiting by the phone nonetheless
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 08:12:16 AM by zachhoran »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 10:37:31 AM »
Sen=Seine, yes.  Or, more correctly, mais oui!

Congratulations!  And Bonne chance!.

(If I can figure out how to get escargot and croissant into this post, I'll have completely exhausted my French.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:39:25 AM by Clay Zambo »
czambo@mac.com

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 01:58:09 PM »
Thanks to all...unfortunately, the callback never came. :-( Maybe next series...

ChucK Donegan (The Disappointed "Chuckie Baby")

starcade

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 07:41:53 PM »
Got that question two on an earlier attempt -- the same four ad slogan characters...

(And, face it, there's enough of us making enough attempts that eventually there will be some overlap.  I've now seen one question from one of my Feb. misses (the decibel question one), and one make from earlier in this one before I successfully qualified for the pool...)

And the instant I got the congratulatory message from Fred (is his name really Fred, I wonder?), I obscured it with a "YES!" half the floor could hear...

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 05:24:25 AM »
Sorry to see you "missed the cut" as far as making the show goes, Chuck.  At least you qualified anyway.  That's better than not qualifying any day.