Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv spilled the beans?  (Read 4020 times)

Jim

Merv spilled the beans?
« on: May 20, 2004, 11:09:45 PM »
Steve Beverly mentioned on his web site something was being initiated on Jeopardy tonight.  He said most people know what it is.  I don't.  Will someone tell me?  I haven't been able to catch it on television recently.  Thanks.

tvrandywest

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 11:28:41 PM »
Posting would require several miles of "spoiler space". Suffice it to say that if you missed this episode you will have plenty of opportunity to learn of and enjoy watching this most unique sequence of episodes.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:36:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 20 2004, 10:28 PM\'] Posting would require several miles of "spoiler space". Suffice it to say that if you missed this episode you will have plenty of opportunity to learn of and enjoy watching this most unique sequence of episodes.
 [/quote]
 (slaps $10 on the bar)

Bartender, give this man anything he wants!

Start talking, Randy. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

catkins522

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 11:43:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 20 2004, 10:28 PM\'] Posting would require several miles of "spoiler space". Suffice it to say that if you missed this episode you will have plenty of opportunity to learn of and enjoy watching this most unique sequence of episodes.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 OK, I will give it a shot....  How about Strip J!?  If your question is wrong, you take off a piece of clothing.  The winner is the person wearing all or most of the clothes.

Just think, Celebrity Strip J! could include Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Dennis Rodman...  hmmmm...

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

tvrandywest

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 11:46:12 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 20 2004, 07:36 PM\'] (slaps $10 on the bar)
Start talking, Randy. ;-) [/quote]
You sure know the way to this man's heart!

Chris, Matt.... what is the policy on posting massive spoilers? I know you guys have it so well organized that the answer is just a click or two away, but I'm too lazy. If I've violated the rules, simply delete the offending hint and we'll clean it all up in post  ;-)

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

There was a rule change recently on Jeopardy that will be taken full advantage of, to an extent far exceeding anyone's reasonable expectation.  It will be way cool to watch!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 11:47:22 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Chelsea Thrasher

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 12:25:03 AM »
By jove, I think I've got it..., The person will do the thing, kinda like the time the person did the thing, to the what, way back when?

Craig Karlberg

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 04:56:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'May 20 2004, 11:25 PM\'] By jove, I think I've got it..., The person will do the thing, kinda like the time the person did the thing, to the what, way back when? [/quote]
Huh?

gamed121683

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 07:01:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'May 20 2004, 11:25 PM\'] By jove, I think I've got it..., The person will do the thing, kinda like the time the person did the thing, to the what, way back when? [/quote]
 I think this was Seth's homage to "Vague." :-) (That was for all of you MAD TV fans out there...and I know there's a couple of you here).

davemackey

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 07:27:31 AM »
Yes, and let's leave it at that so the... you know... doesn't get... you know. Dig?

passwordplus

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 08:49:49 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 20 2004, 11:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 20 2004, 07:36 PM\'] (slaps $10 on the bar)
Start talking, Randy. ;-) [/quote]
You sure know the way to this man's heart!

Chris, Matt.... what is the policy on posting massive spoilers? I know you guys have it so well organized that the answer is just a click or two away, but I'm too lazy. If I've violated the rules, simply delete the offending hint and we'll clean it all up in post  ;-)

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

There was a rule change recently on Jeopardy that will be taken full advantage of, to an extent far exceeding anyone's reasonable expectation.  It will be way cool to watch!

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 I must have missed the big change last night, I didn't see a dog-gone thing different about Thursday's show. BTW, when will the Matt Ottinger episodes air?

zachhoran

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 09:03:44 AM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'May 21 2004, 07:49 AM\']
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I must have missed the big change last night, I didn't see a dog-gone thing different about Thursday's show. BTW, when will the Matt Ottinger episodes air? [/quote]
 The episodes Matt O. referred to will air June 20-somethingth, as per Matt himself.

Matt Ottinger

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 09:40:48 AM »
This thread (and the other in Summaries) just fascinates me.  

Thing is, I know what's going on, and I'm still confused!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 09:41:14 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

sshuffield70

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 09:51:10 AM »
I think based on what I've read, I now have a reeeeeeal good clue.  Real good job, McKee!!

tvrandywest

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 10:14:40 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 21 2004, 05:51 AM\']I think based on what I've read, I now have a reeeeeeal good clue.  Real good job, McKee!![/quote]
As they say on TPiR:  <ding!>

Randy
tvrandywest.com

aaron sica

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 10:29:08 AM »
I feel like the village idiot....I have NO CLUE what the change is...