Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR new podium pics  (Read 5568 times)

Gus

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 09:35:18 PM »
[quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]
 Fremantle stopped doing that on Price a while back... I'm guessing 2000-ish. I'm sure someone here knows the date. Anyway, they said they "wanted uniformity accross all [their] international versions" or some typical BS to that effect. That's the same "reason" the old $50,000 Plinko sign was retired.

So, to answer, your question, no.

cmjb13

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 06:18:13 AM »
[quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]
They don't show him directly on camera, but once in a while you'll catch a glimpse of him when a contestant approaches the turntable.

Fremantle stopped doing that on Price a while back... I'm guessing 2000-ish.
Around 2002.

Anyway, they said they "wanted uniformity accross all [their] international versions" or some typical BS to that effect. That's the same "reason" the old $50,000 Plinko sign was retired.
I don't know where you heard that from, but it's not true. It was a combination of Bart not liking it, taking too long to turn, and missing a contestants reaction. Why Bart stopped liking it after being used the same way for 20+ years, I don't know.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 08:00:06 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 19 2004, 05:18 AM\'] [quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]
They don't show him directly on camera, but once in a while you'll catch a glimpse of him when a contestant approaches the turntable.

[/quote]
 Is it just me, or has the daytime show implemented new camera angles when the contestants go to the turntable? They look a little different than what used to be done.

cmjb13

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 10:06:16 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 19 2004, 08:00 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 19 2004, 05:18 AM\'] [quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]

[/quote]
Is it just me, or has the daytime show implemented new camera angles when the contestants go to the turntable? They look a little different than what used to be done. [/quote]
They have and they look very good.

One of my favorite shots, although you'll never see it on TV, is after the 1st Showcase Showdown. They have a camera near door #3 with a shot that includes the contestant standing under the sign, the side of the big wheel, Barker, and some of the turntable.

Too bad they won't use it on the air.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 12:06:45 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 02:56:57 PM »
Rod's last regular appearance at his podium was on the Season 30 finale.

[quote name=\'zachhoran\']Is it just me, or has the daytime show implemented new camera angles when the contestants go to the turntable?[/quote]

Yes...and they're awful.

zachhoran

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 07:33:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 19 2004, 01:56 PM\']

[quote name=\'zachhoran\']Is it just me, or has the daytime show implemented new camera angles when the contestants go to the turntable?[/quote]

Yes...and they're awful. [/quote]
 How will this affect, if at all, the way the coming around of Bonus Game is shot.

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 11:54:48 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 19 2004, 07:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 19 2004, 01:56 PM\']

How will this affect, if at all, the way the coming around of Bonus Game is shot. [/quote]
 Heck if I know.

Terry K

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 04:17:55 AM »
Mr Fields was seen on camera with the his new 'fan club'.

cmjb13

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 06:16:45 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 19 2004, 07:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 19 2004, 01:56 PM\']

How will this affect, if at all, the way the coming around of Bonus Game is shot. [/quote]
 The only new turntable angle shot I've seen is when they are approaching the turntable, the camera is slightly more to the right aimed at an angle, and then moves into normal position once Barker and the contestant arrive.

Bonus game will probably be left alone considering how odd it would be with any other angle combined with how infrequently they play it.

ClockGameJohn

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 08:37:39 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 20 2004, 05:16 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 19 2004, 07:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 19 2004, 01:56 PM\']

The only new turntable angle shot I've seen is when they are approaching the turntable, the camera is slightly more to the right aimed at an angle, and then moves into normal position once Barker and the contestant arrive.

Bonus game will probably be left alone considering how odd it would be with any other angle combined with how infrequently they play it. [/quote]
 Bonus Game - infrequent?  It's gotten the most play this Season it has in years, with much happiness to some fans.  Considering it's been played the same amount as Hole In One, I can't see how it's "infrequent."

As for the camera shot, it's strange.  If you've even noticed, Bob will enter the turntable from the area of the slate and walk around the edge closest to the wall, as the camera pans around from the "parallel shot" of the wall.  It was kinda cool, until a contestant walked right up the steps like was done for years and almost cut Bob off the other day.  Strange.

cmjb13

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 12:05:29 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 20 2004, 08:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 20 2004, 05:16 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 19 2004, 07:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 19 2004, 01:56 PM\']

Bonus game will probably be left alone considering how odd it would be with any other angle combined with how infrequently they play it. [/quote]
Bonus Game - infrequent?  It's gotten the most play this Season it has in years, with much happiness to some fans.  Considering it's been played the same amount as Hole In One, I can't see how it's "infrequent."

As for the camera shot, it's strange.  If you've even noticed, Bob will enter the turntable from the area of the slate and walk around the edge closest to the wall, as the camera pans around from the "parallel shot" of the wall.  It was kinda cool, until a contestant walked right up the steps like was done for years and almost cut Bob off the other day.  Strange. [/quote]
 I didn't say it was the most infrequent game played, although it is infrequently played compared to other games (games that are played more and less)

To me, it's infrequent. To you, it's not.

dazztardly

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 08:25:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'May 18 2004, 08:35 PM\'][quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]
Fremantle stopped doing that on Price a while back... I'm guessing 2000-ish. I'm sure someone here knows the date. Anyway, they said they "wanted uniformity accross all [their] international versions" or some typical BS to that effect. That's the same "reason" the old $50,000 Plinko sign was retired....[/quote]
That's why they got a rid of the sign? How stupid. So, is it still sitting backstage or was it scrapped already?

-Dan

ClockGameJohn

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 08:27:38 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 21 2004, 07:25 AM\'] [quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'May 18 2004, 08:35 PM\'][quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]
Fremantle stopped doing that on Price a while back... I'm guessing 2000-ish. I'm sure someone here knows the date. Anyway, they said they "wanted uniformity accross all [their] international versions" or some typical BS to that effect. That's the same "reason" the old $50,000 Plinko sign was retired....[/quote]
That's why they got a rid of the sign? How stupid. So, is it still sitting backstage or was it scrapped already?

-Dan [/quote]
Again, that's NOT why they got rid of the sign.  As well, the sign was still floating around as of March.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:27:59 AM by ClockGameJohn »

cmjb13

TPIR new podium pics
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2004, 10:27:34 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 21 2004, 08:25 AM\'] [quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'May 18 2004, 08:35 PM\'][quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'May 18 2004, 06:57 PM\'] Is Rich on camera like Rod Roddy was? [/quote]

-Dan [/quote]
 Read my response a few messages back in this thread.

The answer lies there.