Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmys tonight. Will Barker be there?  (Read 2470 times)

cmjb13

Daytime Emmys tonight. Will Barker be there?
« on: May 21, 2004, 08:07:58 AM »
I heard very briefly this morning on the radio (Scott & Todd) a mention about the Daytime Emmys tonight and how Barker might not be there due to some head surgery?

Maybe they were talking about a soap star.

Geez, I hope that's not true.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 11:39:51 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 21 2004, 05:07 AM\'] I heard very briefly this morning on the radio (Scott & Todd) a mention about the Daytime Emmys tonight and how Barker might not be there due to some head surgery?
 [/quote]
 Perhaps he's having it deflated so it will fit throigh the doorway of the theatre. There's a reason they tape at 33, ya know. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Winkfan

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 04:32:14 PM »
I won't be watching anyway; but maybe Steve Beverly will make an appearance to plead his case to the Academy for Bill Cullen and Arlene Francis.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Elaine Joyce of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:50:51 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'May 21 2004, 01:32 PM\'] I won't be watching anyway; but maybe Steve Beverly will make an appearence to plead his case to the Academy for Bill Cullen and Arlene Francis.
 [/quote]
 That would work for me.

"Snipers in place! Good luck, gentlemen...and remember, I'm NOT concerned about remains..."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SplitSecond

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 05:16:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 21 2004, 02:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'May 21 2004, 01:32 PM\'] I won't be watching anyway; but maybe Steve Beverly will make an appearence to plead his case to the Academy for Bill Cullen and Arlene Francis.
 [/quote]
That would work for me.

"Snipers in place! Good luck, gentlemen...and remember, I'm NOT concerned about remains..." [/quote]
 There's no place for paintball at the Daytime Emmys.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 06:03:23 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'May 21 2004, 05:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 21 2004, 02:08 PM\']
"Snipers in place! Good luck, gentlemen...and remember, I'm NOT concerned about remains..." [/quote]
There's no place for paintball at the Daytime Emmys. [/quote]
 Oh, but there should be...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:35:17 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 21 2004, 07:07 AM\'] I heard very briefly this morning on the radio (Scott & Todd) a mention about the Daytime Emmys tonight and how Barker might not be there due to some head surgery?

Maybe they were talking about a soap star.

Geez, I hope that's not true. [/quote]
TPIR did win best game show tonight, beating out J! and Millionaire. Barker wasn't there, Roger D. accepted the award but didn't say why Bob was absent(Roger and Phil Rossi were listed as co-producers on the on-screen graphic). The soap star presenters accepted Bob's win as best host on his behalf, beating out Alex and Meredith.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 10:10:00 PM by zachhoran »

digiblader

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 09:44:16 PM »
Quite a deserved Daytime Emmy for TPIR!

Despite all those changes in the past year, the show's still the same!

BTW, how many Daytime Emmys does TPIR have now?

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'May 21 2004, 08:44 PM\'] Quite a deserved Daytime Emmy for TPIR!

Despite all those changes in the past year, the show's still the same!

BTW, how many Daytime Emmys does TPIR have now? [/quote]
They've got 34 as per the announcer, the total augmented to include the three won tonight for best show, best host,  and best Technical Direction. TPIR has won only four best show awards, as per the announcer tonight.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 10:08:11 PM by zachhoran »

bandit_bobby

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 10:10:26 PM »
TPIR OFFICALLY HAS A CLEAN SWEEP!!! Bob just added another Best Game Show Host Emmy to his stash. Rather fitting I guess, since his special saluting his Hall of Fame Induction is tomorrow. The Game Show Emmy was their first since 1997, and their sweep is their first since 1996.

Robair

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 10:15:14 PM »
In my eyes, it ain't a sweep unless Bart Eskander has one too.
--Robair

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 10:56:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'May 21 2004, 09:15 PM\'] In my eyes, it ain't a sweep unless Bart Eskander has one too. [/quote]
 Eskander DID win last year...but point taken.

CONGRATULATIONS to Price.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 10:58:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'May 21 2004, 07:15 PM\'] In my eyes, it ain't a sweep unless Bart Eskander has one too. [/quote]
 That would be a dump, not a sweep.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2004, 05:09:19 AM »
Congrats to Bob Barker & TPIR for another season of great entertainment.

I wonder what kind of head surgery would cause Bob to miss this particular Emmy show?

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 05:38:42 PM »
The other game show moment of note on the Daytime Emmys was Alex Trebek and Meredith Veira appearing in the 35th anniversary of "Sesame Street" salute, although neither of them had any business singing "Sing" with the Muppets (Trebek with Cookie Monster--"Me want Cookie for $200, Alex!"--and Meredith with--I forget).

Of course, no human on stage in that number other than Paige Davis had any business singing--and even Paige sounded like she was singing out of her range.