Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv spilled the beans?  (Read 4016 times)

Jimmy Owen

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 10:45:35 AM »
You mean Ryan Seacrest (with glasses for effect) isn't replacing Alex?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

sshuffield70

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2004, 10:48:35 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 21 2004, 09:29 AM\'] I feel like the village idiot....I have NO CLUE what the change is... [/quote]
 Go back to the last word of my previous post and you should be able to figure it out.

zachhoran

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 10:58:49 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 21 2004, 09:48 AM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 21 2004, 09:29 AM\'] I feel like the village idiot....I have NO CLUE what the change is... [/quote]
Go back to the last word of my previous post and you should be able to figure it out. [/quote]
 Ah, someone pulled a McKee and won a few dozen games, perhaps McKee himself did it. We'll see if that's the case,

BrandonFG

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 12:01:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 21 2004, 08:40 AM\'] This thread (and the other in Summaries) just fascinates me.  

Thing is, I know what's going on, and I'm still confused! [/quote]
 (slaps another $5 down on the bar)

Bartender, the bald follically challenged one, anything he wants.

Matt, you're on. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

J.R.

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 01:12:20 PM »
Man, I wish more episdoes of "Winning Streak" existed in the circuit...

(Am I getting warm with that clue ?)
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

mmb5

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 01:21:38 PM »
Another key date will be in early June.  And it has nothing to do with the 5/20 show.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

sshuffield70

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 02:30:10 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'May 21 2004, 12:12 PM\'] Man, I wish more episdoes of "Winning Streak" existed in the circuit...

(Am I getting warm with that clue ?)
-Joe R. [/quote]
 The password is "McKee"!! :) :) :)

Timsterino

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »
This is going to be some fantastic TV. I look forward to watching the streak. :-)

Tim :-)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 05:03:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'May 21 2004, 12:51 PM\'] This is going to be some fantastic TV. I look forward to watching the streak. :-)

Tim :-) [/quote]
 Tell me this, though, folks: Wouldn't it have been greater to watch if you DIDN'T know it was gonna happen, first?

"No, 'cuz I wouldn't save seen it from the start!"

Pish-posh. We have people here who roll tape on EVERYTHING. I daresay there is not a MINUTE of original game show programming airing today that SOME member of this group isn't taping, Tivoing, or otherwise recording for archival purposes. If you missed the first three games of Whatever Streak This Might Be, you could have easily gotten them.

Yes, I read ahead of Randy's spoiler to read the hint, same as y'all did. And I could have backed out. And I don't put any blame on Randy at ALL. But I have to say now that I'm a little sorry I read it. The "wow, s/he did it AGAIN!!" factor is now gone.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 05:17:56 PM »
Well, you're right, Chris.  Your point is right on.  But.....the problem was when Merv hinted of something (apparently this long streak that may go on for a few weeks) on Monday.  It got everyone here wondering what was going on with the show.  If Merv had not said anything, the only people likely to know ahead of time were the J! staff, and (maybe) the Perfesser.

curtking

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 05:30:12 PM »
But I have to say now that I'm a little sorry I read it. The "wow, s/he did it AGAIN!!" factor is now gone.
I understand your disappointment, but I'm kind of glad to have the "heads up".  For awhile now I've been skipping through to watch the last ten minutes or so.  If I've Tivo'ed several eps, I might not even do that.

Unless I've missed something, no one has said how long the streak runs.  I think it will still provide some very cool moments.

Curt

Timsterino

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 05:35:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 21 2004, 05:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'May 21 2004, 12:51 PM\'] This is going to be some fantastic TV. I look forward to watching the streak. :-)

Tim :-) [/quote]
Tell me this, though, folks: Wouldn't it have been greater to watch if you DIDN'T know it was gonna happen, first?

"No, 'cuz I wouldn't save seen it from the start!"

Pish-posh. We have people here who roll tape on EVERYTHING. I daresay there is not a MINUTE of original game show programming airing today that SOME member of this group isn't taping, Tivoing, or otherwise recording for archival purposes. If you missed the first three games of Whatever Streak This Might Be, you could have easily gotten them.

Yes, I read ahead of Randy's spoiler to read the hint, same as y'all did. And I could have backed out. And I don't put any blame on Randy at ALL. But I have to say now that I'm a little sorry I read it. The "wow, s/he did it AGAIN!!" factor is now gone. [/quote]
 I am not a usual Jeopardy! viewer. I do not watch the show everyday but I do appreciate someone giving me the heads up to watch, so yes, it does matter to me.

As far as taping the show, that is not my thing. I will enjoy watching the shows regardless of whether I know about the streak or not and that is not "Pish-Posh". :-)

Tim :-)

Don Howard

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 09:25:57 PM »
So, who won on Friday? It wasn't the same guy from Thursday according to the Stosh site. Maybe we've been duped. I actually would find that very entertaining. "Suckers! Made ya watch! Hah!".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 09:33:46 AM by Don Howard »

That Don Guy

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2004, 10:12:32 PM »
I think I have an idea - but I'll add IDEA SPACE just in case:

Would it be the opposite of something that happened in $100,000 Name That Tune's first tournament?

-- Don

Monarx

Merv spilled the beans?
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2004, 12:25:14 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 21 2004, 09:14 AM\'] [quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 21 2004, 05:51 AM\']I think based on what I've read, I now have a reeeeeeal good clue.  Real good job, McKee!![/quote]
As they say on TPiR:  <ding!>

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Of course, that does NOT mean you have it right, it's just your guess. :P

Joking aside, I'll be sure to not alter my TV schedule at all to watch these shows. :P
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?