Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR MDS Question  (Read 4615 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR MDS Question
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2004, 01:38:35 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 24 2004, 11:03 AM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 24 2004, 12:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 24 2004, 11:50 AM\']Unfortunately, my guess would be NO.[/quote]
If that is indeed the case, I would hope it would be explained to him before he spun.

Either that or give him an option to back out if he so chooses. [/quote]
Absolutely not.  You came to the show knowing you have a chance to win prizes.  They don't give you the chance to opt out if you're going to play Side by Side for a baby grand piano vs. Switcheroo for a Grand Am.

You're here, you get what we offer.  The same thing sucks for Contestant #9 everyday. [/quote]
 Question, then.
What if your name gets called...and the contestant refuses?  Does that eliminate any future eligibility?  For example, if one didn't hear their name called after the 5th IUFB, what stops them from leaving the studio, other than pages?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR MDS Question
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 02:25:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 24 2004, 10:38 PM\'] What if your name gets called...and the contestant refuses?  Does that eliminate any future eligibility?  For example, if one didn't hear their name called after the 5th IUFB, what stops them from leaving the studio, other than pages? [/quote]
 Nothing, I would think. I'd also like to think that the contestant coordinators make a note of the personal information of anyone who WAS called after pulling this stunt to ensure that they were never selected again.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

TPIR MDS Question
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2004, 06:07:20 AM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'May 24 2004, 08:52 PM\']The official answer is that the randomly-chosen spinner IS still eligible to be a contestant.

(I didn't ask if he would have still been eligible if he had hit the dollar, as I assumed that question answered itself.)

--
Scott Robinson[/quote]
It would make sense for the person to still be eligible if they didn't hit the dollar, but really they shouldn't make exceptions if they did win.

In a perfect world, it should either be yes or no regardless of the outcome of the spin.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ClockGameJohn

TPIR MDS Question
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 08:04:06 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 25 2004, 06:07 AM\'] [quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'May 24 2004, 08:52 PM\']The official answer is that the randomly-chosen spinner IS still eligible to be a contestant.

(I didn't ask if he would have still been eligible if he had hit the dollar, as I assumed that question answered itself.)

--
Scott Robinson[/quote]
It would make sense for the person to still be eligible if they didn't hit the dollar, but really they shouldn't make exceptions if they did win. [/quote]
I agree it doesn't make too much sense.  According to the staff, Home Contestants of the Phone Home Game were not eligible to be contestants in studio.  (I was told that since they were "on air" and having a chance to win prizes, that was their only shot.)

The odd thing is that Play Along contestants were allowed to be in studio contestants.  They were never "on air."

I would just find it really strange that they would allow this guy to be a contestant on any future show when he statistically had the best odds to win the most money of any contestant in the history of The Price is Right.  (Although, since I know MSTie's source, I gotta trust him!)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 08:04:27 AM by ClockGameJohn »