Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick Clooney congressional race update  (Read 1110 times)

DrBear

Nick Clooney congressional race update
« on: May 25, 2004, 02:06:07 PM »
An update on the congressional race by former Moneymaze host Nick Clooney, who's getting lots of Hollywood bucks thanks to his loyal son George...
Story from the San Francisco Chronicle
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 02:46:25 PM »
A local story on the race:

http://www.kypost.com/2004/05/22/kcollins05-22-2004.html

Clooney is still doing his host gig on GoodLife, the cabler specializing in "old people's teevee," as my fourteen-year-old son describes it. He's terrific on television and stands a good chance of winning as long as he stays pretty far to the right.

Really, he should just run as a Republican. Might irritate George and the Hollywood set, but he would win by thirty points. As a Democrat he could actually lose in the very conservative district.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 02:47:54 PM by CaseyAbell »

ChuckNet

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:11:28 PM »
Really, he should just run as a Republican. Might irritate George and the Hollywood set, but he would win by thirty points. As a Democrat he could actually lose in the very conservative district.

Clooney seems like the Democratic equivalent of John McCain in that his views contrast to those traditionally held by his party...for example, he opposes abortion and favors gun rights (calling himself a "thinking man's Democrat").

ObGameShow: You know. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")