Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Back to you Bob!  (Read 2214 times)

cmjb13

Back to you Bob!
« on: May 25, 2004, 05:20:49 PM »
Looks like they've changed the throwback to Bob after the 1st showcase showdown from "OK, Bob" to "Back to you Bob"
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

aaron sica

Back to you Bob!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:27:56 PM »
I'll counter your minute detail with one of my own, actually more of a question. :)

On the MG79 ep. I have, complete with fee plugs, Johnny's throwback was "Ho ho ho, on with the show, and our star, Gene Rayburn!". Was this his usual one, or did it vary? If it did, what variations were used?

If anyone knows. No big deal, you know I won't bump up the thread a day later with "well, does anyone know???" ;)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Back to you Bob!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 05:42:54 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 25 2004, 02:27 PM\'] On the MG79 ep. I have, complete with fee plugs, Johnny's throwback was "Ho ho ho, on with the show, and our star, Gene Rayburn!". Was this his usual one, or did it vary? If it did, what variations were used?
 [/quote]
 I'm pretty sure this was just Johnny being goofy. I watched a LOT of Match Game when it was in first run, and I would have remembered if he did that on a regular basis.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Back to you Bob!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 05:47:48 PM »
I can top both of those: On February 26, 1979, while getting dressed Bob put on his left sock first.

Hey, if we're going to get into useless information ...

Chelsea Thrasher

Back to you Bob!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 05:53:17 PM »
Uh, Chris, just exactly WHY were you in Bob's dressing room on February 26, 1979, watching Bob getting dressed? :-P

Steve Gavazzi

Back to you Bob!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 06:16:15 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 25 2004, 05:20 PM\'] Looks like they've changed the throwback to Bob after the 1st showcase showdown from "OK, Bob" to "Back to you Bob" [/quote]
 I don't think it's so much "they've changed it" as simply "Rich occasionally says something different."

Mike Tennant

Back to you Bob!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 11:50:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'May 25 2004, 05:16 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 25 2004, 05:20 PM\'] Looks like they've changed the throwback to Bob after the 1st showcase showdown from "OK, Bob" to "Back to you Bob" [/quote]
I don't think it's so much "they've changed it" as simply "Rich occasionally says something different."[/quote]
Which would be consistent with the fact that he's taking cues from Bob and running with them now.  He seems to have settled into the role a little and is more flexible with taking and giving cues.

uncamark

Back to you Bob!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 11:54:35 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 25 2004, 04:27 PM\']I'll counter your minute detail with one of my own, actually more of a question. :)

On the MG79 ep. I have, complete with fee plugs, Johnny's throwback was "Ho ho ho, on with the show, and our star, Gene Rayburn!". Was this his usual one, or did it vary? If it did, what variations were used?[/quote]
Lots of variations--it was probably one of those instances where the script said, if it said anything at all, [TOSS TO GENE].  Which Johnny did as he pleased.  His most frequent toss was probably just, "and once again, here's Gene Rayburn!"--and considering that he was doing it over applause, he was almost certain to always say Gene's full name.