Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about UK Millionaire CD  (Read 2989 times)

gtbecbp

Question about UK Millionaire CD
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 08:30:43 AM »
The CD is incredible, and speaks to that game show geek in all of us.

Ben

dzinkin

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 09:58:41 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 26 2004, 08:26 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 26 2004, 05:25 AM\'] As for the $1M($10M in SM terms if it ever comes to that) loss cue, I personally do NOT want to hear it on air because it would upset me very much so. [/quote]
I can see another TV being destroyed, and Craig walking into the TV shop..

"There's that guy AGAIN!! How many TV's does he go through??" [/quote]
 Back on ATGS we had a guy who destroyed his phone every time he lost the Millionaire phone qualifier.  Craig's just following in that grand tradition. :-)

Particleman

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 10:16:34 AM »
I bought this sucker yesterday and eagerly await its arrival.  Thanks again for posting the link.

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 10:39:51 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'May 26 2004, 09:58 AM\'] Back on ATGS we had a guy who destroyed his phone every time he lost the Millionaire phone qualifier.  Craig's just following in that grand tradition. :-) [/quote]
 Maybe he and Craig are somehow distantly related...

Seems like a lot of people on this board could be accused of being related....

dzinkin

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 10:43:06 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 26 2004, 10:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'May 26 2004, 09:58 AM\'] Back on ATGS we had a guy who destroyed his phone every time he lost the Millionaire phone qualifier.  Craig's just following in that grand tradition. :-) [/quote]
Maybe he and Craig are somehow distantly related...

Seems like a lot of people on this board could be accused of being related.... [/quote]
 [Jack Clark] The password is "inbreeding." [/Jack Clark]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 11:55:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 26 2004, 02:25 AM\'] Maybe those cues were used in post production or there were simply too much stuff on the CD to include those short cues.

[/quote]
 I'm inclined to agree. My guess is that they really wanted to get that dance mix on there, and in order to do that some cues from the ACTUAL production CD had to go to fit the whole schmiel into 76 minutes. Totally worthwhile trade, IMO.

(Do we have anyone here who works for an ABC affiliate? Did the network send production music CD's out to the affils? When I was at Fox we used to get production music for everything, most notably the sports packages. Unfortunately in those days CD burners weren't as ubiquitous as they are now, so I had to record them to tape.)
I personally do NOT want to hear it on air because it would upset me very much so.
If a guy on a game show losing would upset you THAT much, I suggest psychiatric assistance.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 12:49:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 26 2004, 10:55 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 26 2004, 02:25 AM\'] Maybe those cues were used in post production or there were simply too much stuff on the CD to include those short cues.

[/quote]
I'm inclined to agree. My guess is that they really wanted to get that dance mix on there, and in order to do that some cues from the ACTUAL production CD had to go to fit the whole schmiel into 76 minutes. Totally worthwhile trade, IMO.[/quote]
And "WWTBAM" fans may want to seek out a CD single of the dance mix of the theme--besides a short and long version of the dance mix, it includes the "Chris Tarrant Mix," with Chris' catch phrases (some of which, of course, are Regis' catch phrases) mixed in--including "Let's play 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?'", "Would you like to hear a 50/50?", "Is that your final answer?", "You've won 32,000 pounds--BUT WE CAN'T GIVE YOU THAT!" and the (then) simulated "YOU'VE WON ONE MILLION POUNDS!"  Amazon did have it, and it's probably on EBay somewhere.