Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reminder: UK Weakest Link  (Read 1243 times)

inturnaround

Reminder: UK Weakest Link
« on: May 30, 2004, 03:58:44 PM »
Yes, as I said in the title, this is a reminder to those of you who get BBC America that the UK Weakest Link begins airing tomorrow at 9AM. The 9AM show is the second episode of Series Three, but that particular episode airs only once this week. After that, the show has "new" episodes at 5PM and reruns at 9AM the next day- Monday through Friday. I'm unsure why episode one of series three is being skipped.

All times listed in my post are Eastern.

I haven't been able to find a proper UK WL episode guide. Any suggestions?
Joe Coughlin     
Human

TravisP

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 07:28:47 PM »
This might confuse so people but you will know what I mean.

The reason they are showing an "Odd" episode tomorrow at 9am is to fill a gap since the "New" episodes offically start at 5pm plus it looks like there is nothing else to fill a spare one hour. Its the same with Challenge over here as when TV Scrabble started their 3rd Series the new series meant to start at 10pm on the Monday but a 5pm slot (Next day repeated) was still planned earlier so to fill it they showed an extra TV Scrabble Celebrity Special featuring Mark Curry and Andy Collins. Another example is the British version of Guinness World Records, new episodes meant to be shown at 9 with repeats the next day at 4pm but on the debut day the 4pm was still scheduled so they just showed a random episodes.

This occurance meant to happen tomorrow as "All New" Classic Millionaire episodes are to be shown on Challenge at 9pm starting with Series Five (November 1999), repeated the next day at 1pm but originally tomorrows schedule had both slots running so instead the 1pm has been filled with a repeat of Strike It Rich and Family Fortunes.

With a UK Link episodes guide, there isn't really one on the internet simply that the daytime schedule is lately mixing new episodes with repeated episodes in the same week and making a right mess Its what I've heard two weeks ago the new series (Series Six) started on a WEDNESDAY!. AFAIK there are 68 episodes in Series One (Autumn 2000) which I know the order of and 90 episodes in Series Two but don't the rest.

TravisP

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:07:04 AM »
Ignore my post as it does make some sense but I have read the schedule and see what you mean.

There could be a good reason why they haven't showed the first episode of Series Three as I seem to recall the first episode was a Special Episode featuring "All Welsh" contestants.

AmazingErikZ

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 01:59:23 PM »
I got to see yesterday's 5:00 P.M. ep, and I enjoyed it. I felt it was much better than the U.S. version. Also, IMO it seems Anne wasn't as ill-tempered like on the American version. Of course, that's my own opinion.

I felt the questions were very interesting. Considering 75% of them are about British pop-culture and history, I'm interested in what the British contestants know about.

In last night's ep, I still can't believe Su said "deer" as the answer to that Pavlov question! I thought college-student Cristian was pretty good up until the 6th round.

So, I'm glad I now have a chance to see this original version.

I still would like to see reruns of the original British WWTBAM. I'd also like to see Catch Phrase.