Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More GS Documentaries....  (Read 3698 times)

J.R.

More GS Documentaries....
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 02:06:37 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 31 2004, 11:00 AM\'] And I really appreciate how you interrupt my joke to point out some pointless little tidbit...why I'm actually breaking down such a joke is beyond me.
 [/quote]
Here, I'll get the joke back on track.

Snarky Announcer: Shortly after the $1500 space left, the Bankrupt began turning to booze to cover his depression.

Morale on the Wheel began to spial out of control. Rumors begain to pop-up that the $150 wedge and the $350 wedge were in a sexual relationshop with each other.

$500 Wedge: The two seemed to really enjoy being next to each other. Which really steemed me, because me and 1/2 the other wedges have been single since 1975.

Eventually, for the good of the show's family image, the $150 wedge decided to leave the show. $150 could not be reached for comment, but contacts tell us that $150 is currently residing in a villa in London with a new girlfriend. (Possibly the UK 350 space)

$350 space: It was really making everyone jellious, we decided to talk about one of us leaving, but $150 insisted I should say. I do not get paid as much and bills pile up all the time. I think the in-crowd doesn't like us wedges that end in "$X50"

Then reports came out that the Lose a Turn had gotten cosmetic surgery behind everyone's back. It be came obvious when the yellow wedge somehow became white.

Lose a Turn: I really need to reinvent myself, it was like becoming a new person.

$250 Wedge: We didn't know how to handle it, so we just ignored the new look.

Things went from bad to worse as time wore on.

Red $900 Wedge: Me and my brother, Orange $900 Wedge, have considered leaving the show to start a band. We feel working on "Wheel of Fortune" has stiffled out creativity.

$550 wedge: I just can't stand being around $400, he's such a jerk.

$200 wedge: I hate spening getting spun all day long, I get so dizzy that I just want to puke all over.

Then one day, the $200 wedge, after spening many hours with the Bankrupt Wedge in the bar, the $200 wedge vomited after being spun one too many times.

Taping had to be stopped cleaning up the mess, which cost the studio thousands of dollars in damage. The impact of the vomit forced four of the $300 Wedge Sisters to temporarly leave the show for cleaning, costing thousands more. The $200 wedge was subsequencly fired for his misconduct.

$200 wedge: I am now in $230,000 in debt and living in a Cardboard Box outside Television City. Life is rough, but it's better than the cesspool of a job I had before !

Comming up on the GSN True Television City Story: Backstage mistreatment begins to get personal

$600 Wedge (With lawyer): It was like they were gunning for me, I had to do something to get back at them...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 02:09:45 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Winkfan

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 03:52:20 PM »
Or an MG doc and not have anything about Richard Dawson's smile embargo? It would all be about game play? Ugh, hell, I wouldn't even watch.
Well, there is Charles' on-air 'attempt' to oust Brett and replace her with (fill in name of 50s female game show panelist here) during the 1980-81 season. Anyone wanna bet that everyone on MG BUT CNR thought it was a 'running gag?' He also tried to pull the same deal on Geno, too.

If you ask me, CNR had no mercy whatsoever!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Carol Wayne of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:55:23 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

passwordplus

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 05:06:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 31 2004, 08:04 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 31 2004, 03:31 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 31 2004, 01:34 AM\'] Next on the "Wheel of Fortune" True Hollywood Story!...a sad story of racism...or is it spaceism?

BANKRUPT space:
Man, I've gotten flack since day one! The other wheel spaces always hated me, and it's all because I'm black! Why do you think there's no longer a $1500 space? That little (bleep) wanted out of the show, and always hated being next to me...couldn't handle what it could do for his "image" as a prize space. [/quote]
That black "Bankrupt" space may have gotten rid of that $1500 space, but in rounds 2 & 3, it has to be next to the $3500 space.  Spaceism eh?  Sounds like a made up word to me. [/quote]
And from your posts, you probably would remove Italian people from the show as well.  When will you get a clue? [/quote]
 Hopefully soon! :D

The E!THS about TPIR and Family Feud were both ok, I don't see how they sucked, but to each his own!

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 12:52:40 AM »
The June, 1976 TTTT documentary that Randy was talking about earlier is titled "The Whole Truth" (The Making of To Tell the Truth).

It's really more of a close up on the job of director Lloyd Gross, as he battles his ridiculously tight production schedule, but it **is** interesting viewing.  There are a lot of interesting backstage shots, and part of Bill Wendall's warmup is featured at the beginning of the piece.

-Kevin

tommycharles

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 01:08:11 AM »
Randy --

That isn't the LMaD documentary that was released on video around 1990 is it? Or am I remembering something completely different?

tvrandywest

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2004, 01:29:56 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'May 31 2004, 09:08 PM\'] That isn't the LMaD documentary that was released on video around 1990 is it? Or am I remembering something completely different? [/quote]
Not sure without "spooling it", as Variety would say. But it must have been way before 1990. The backstage shots are from the studio at ABC Prospect, and the writing/office footage is from when Hatos Hall was at 6430 Sunset. As it all seemed to be presented in the context of "present tense" it had to be from way earlier than 1990.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:30:28 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Ian Wallis

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2004, 09:10:04 AM »
The June, 1976 TTTT documentary that Randy was talking about earlier is titled "The Whole Truth" (The Making of To Tell the Truth).

It's really more of a close up on the job of director Lloyd Gross, as he battles his ridiculously tight production schedule, but it **is** interesting viewing. There are a lot of interesting backstage shots, and part of Bill Wendall's warmup is featured at the beginning of the piece.

This one I'm sure I've never seen.  Is it available "in the curcuit"?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Mike Tennant

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2004, 11:17:14 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 12:29 AM\'][quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'May 31 2004, 09:08 PM\'] That isn't the LMaD documentary that was released on video around 1990 is it? Or am I remembering something completely different? [/quote]
Not sure without "spooling it", as Variety would say. But it must have been way before 1990. The backstage shots are from the studio at ABC Prospect, and the writing/office footage is from when Hatos Hall was at 6430 Sunset. As it all seemed to be presented in the context of "present tense" it had to be from way earlier than 1990.[/quote]
I think you misunderstood, Randy.  He's not asking if the video was shot in 1990 but if the video, released around 1990, was a transfer of the earlier filmed documentary.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2004, 01:08:41 PM »
Ian:

Not widely, if it's in the circuit at all.

-Kevin

tvrandywest

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 07:17 AM\'] I think you misunderstood, Randy.  He's not asking if the video was shot in 1990 but if the video, released around 1990, was a transfer of the earlier filmed documentary. [/quote]
 I spooled. It was produced during LMAD's 1975-1976 TV season; editing was finished and the show was copyright 1977. I have no clue if it was ever commercially distributed or released on video.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2004, 02:55:59 PM »
I have that docu.  It's called "Deal"  It was released by Burbank Video.  I bought it at a K-Mart in Toledo, OH in 1990 for ten bucks.  Some of the footage was shown on the Carl Reiner gs special in 1984.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvrandywest

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2004, 03:18:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 10:55 AM\'] I have that docu.  It's called "Deal"  It was released by Burbank Video.  I bought it at a K-Mart in Toledo, OH in 1990 for ten bucks.  Some of the footage was shown on the Carl Reiner gs special in 1984. [/quote]
 You sure? "Burbank Video" appears no where in the credits on mine. The running time is 1:34:00. Is yours similar?

Randy
tvrandywest.com