Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has anyone see Cheers last night?  (Read 1973 times)

irismason42

Has anyone see Cheers last night?
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:27:25 AM »
In a 1990 episode of Cheers, when Jeopardy! was mentioned, Johnny Gilbert was on-camera and Alex Trebek appeared in a Cheers setting as a special guest star that he would either quit his job or continue to be the emcee of the show and the good news for us since Cliff talked to Alex about the clues and responses, Alex chose to continue to be the emcee of the show.

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 26 2004, 09:27 AM\'] In a 1990 episode of Cheers, when Jeopardy! was mentioned, Johnny Gilbert was on-camera and Alex Trebek appeared in a Cheers setting as a special guest star that he would either quit his job or continue to be the emcee of the show and the good news for us since Cliff talked to Alex about the clues and responses, Alex chose to continue to be the emcee of the show. [/quote]
 Wow.

Sentences and grammar. Learn em before you post.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 11:18:40 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 26 2004, 11:05 AM\'] Sentences and grammar. Learn em before you post. [/quote]
 I almost replied, but it's like talking to a brick wall. S/he never replies back..

Mike Tennant

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 11:33:46 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 26 2004, 10:18 AM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 26 2004, 11:05 AM\'] Sentences and grammar. Learn em before you post. [/quote]
I almost replied, but it's like talking to a brick wall. S/he never replies back..[/quote]
Which is probably a good thing.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 12:06:10 PM »
If that isn't a complete and total fantasy world recap of the "What is...Cliff Clavin?" episode of _Cheers_, I have yet to see one. That wasn't even close. I suspect our poorly-grammared friend is a few Contestants short of a Row.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tomobrien

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 04:21:16 PM »
Kind of like Faulkner meets Jeopardy! meets Cheers...oh, never mind.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 06:20:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 26 2004, 09:06 AM\'] If that isn't a complete and total fantasy world recap of the "What is...Cliff Clavin?" episode of _Cheers_, I have yet to see one. That wasn't even close. I suspect our poorly-grammared friend is a few Contestants short of a Row. [/quote]
Well, I know there was an episode where Alex debated whether or not he'd stay on Jeopardy. He did decide to stay on after talking to Cliff. A short clip from the episode aired in a commercial not too long ago. I don't remember if it was for Jeopardy or for the Nick@Nite Cheers run. I think it was the former.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 06:23:05 PM by whoserman »

GSWitch

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:52:31 PM »
That's my favorite sitcom on Jeopardy! episode ever.

Who are three people that never visited my kitchen?

I also liked...

1).  Mama's Family; when Mama got lucky with a science question "What's watt?"  "That is correct, Alex".

2).  Golden Girls; when Dorothy dreamed she was on & that her response was incorrect about Grant's Tomb

3).  The Nanny; the only Jeopardy! episode where the Daily Double was featured.

Don Howard

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 12:52:54 PM »
The Beverly Hills 90210 episode featuring one of the characters appearing on Jeopardy! was a good one also.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 06:28:55 PM »
Blossom - Joey beats Blossom and Albert Einstein, and wins $13 million.

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 08:26:40 AM »
Although it's not J!, my favorite game-show crossover onto a sitcom was "Gimme a Break", where Nell and Addy went on WoF during "Best Friends" week (they played against each other, no third contestant).

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME A CAR!!!