Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Theme Q.  (Read 1304 times)

Stevek83

FF Theme Q.
« on: May 27, 2004, 08:37:12 PM »
Does anybody know the real reason why they went back to using the "dance" theme as oppose to the "classic" one? I heard two stories on why they changed it. 1. Richard Karn didn't like it 2. it was only here for the Old Navy commercials.
I always enjoyed hearing the classic theme except for when they used it to go to commercials. In fact I always wished they went to a commercial using the theme the EXACT same way it was used when Richard/Ray made their entrance. IMO it would have sounded better.

Im sorry if this q. was asked already, I haven't been on this board lately.

tyshaun1

FF Theme Q.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 08:48:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Stevek83\' date=\'May 27 2004, 07:37 PM\'] Does anybody know the real reason why they went back to using the "dance" theme as oppose to the "classic" one? I heard two stories on why they changed it. 1. Richard Karn didn't like it 2. it was only here for the Old Navy commercials.
I always enjoyed hearing the classic theme except for when they used it to go to commercials. In fact I always wished they went to a commercial using the theme the EXACT same way it was used when Richard/Ray made their entrance. IMO it would have sounded better.

Im sorry if this q. was asked already, I haven't been on this board lately. [/quote]
From what I understand, they only used it when the Old Navy ads became popular (especially since they included some of the cast from the 1st American Idol), and subsequently returned to form when those commercials stopped running. And, IMO, the Old Navy version of the theme was MUCH better, since the show version was chopped up to bits.

Tyshaun
(Is it just me, or when you saw FF Theme Q as the header, you automatically thought it was Adam? :-))

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:50:06 PM by tyshaun1 »

adamjk

FF Theme Q.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 08:56:12 PM »
I always enjoyed hearing the classic theme except for when they used it to go to commercials.

I actually liked the commercial cues for Ray's version. The harmonica part was neat.

Stevek83

FF Theme Q.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 09:00:30 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 27 2004, 07:56 PM\']
I always enjoyed hearing the classic theme except for when they used it to go to commercials.

I actually liked the commercial cues for Ray's version. The harmonica part was neat. [/quote]
I was talking about the commercial cues on the Richard Karn version, not Ray's.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:00:54 PM by Stevek83 »

adamjk

FF Theme Q.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 09:50:22 PM »
Oh ok, I thought you speaking about Ray's too because you mentioned that you wished that they would go to commericial using the theme used when Richard/Ray made their entrance. So I thought you were referring to both versions. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:50:46 PM by adamjk »

Stevek83

FF Theme Q.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 10:52:47 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 27 2004, 08:50 PM\'] Oh ok, I thought you speaking about Ray's too because you mentioned that you wished that they would go to commericial using the theme used when Richard/Ray made their entrance. So I thought you were referring to both versions. Sorry about that. [/quote]
 its ok Adam,  i just meant they should use the "Dawson/Combs entrance theme" when Karn went into a commercial, instead of cutting to the end of the theme. It just threw the whole theme off.