Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best and Worst  (Read 4900 times)

cyberjoek

Best and Worst
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
Last week my physics class went to a theme park for our final class project.  We were one of seven schools there that day (some groups also had English or Mathmatics projects to do but n othing like Your On's challenges).
Best: Marc Summers
Worst: Dave Azar, everything he touches turns to dust (partaly because of his hosting abilities).
-Joe Kavanagh
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 12:58:48 PM by cyberjoek »

MTCesquire

Best and Worst
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 03:04:10 PM »
I really don't see what everyone saw in Summer Sanders.  I thought she did a crappy job with Figure It Out.  In response to the contestant's talent, <fake enthusiasm> "Wow, that's sooooo cool!" </fake enthusiasm>  Also, her hosting abilities were below par, IMO.  Not the worst, but nowhere near the best.

Obviously, the best is Marc Summers.  During the Super Sloppy era (maybe during regular DD), he'd sometimes make a reference to other game show hosts, so it seemed to me that he had took a little bit of their styles and mixed it with his own.  The result, an excellent game show host for an excellent show.  Mike O'Malley comes in second.

The worst, hands down, Robb Edward Morris.  He acted like he just woke up right before taping, no type of energy at all, and seemed lost the entire time.  If not for the cue cards, God only knows how he would've handled Make the Grade.

ChuckNet

Best and Worst
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 07:14:45 PM »
Robb Edward Morris- YECH! This guy looks like a cross between Carlton Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel Air and a Star Trek reject. As for his "hosting", one thing that made my stomach turn was when a contestant picked "lose a square", Robb commented "Awwww.... you lose a square!" Cut out the phony sympathy!

Not to mention that he had trouble keeping the contestants' names straight on at least one occasion.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

TrplPlayRD

Best and Worst
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 03:57:49 AM »
Best:
Marc Summers
Mike O'Malley
Summer Sanders
Wesley Eure
Michael Carrington

Worst:
Phil Moore
Robb Edward Morris
Skip Lackey
Jason Harris
Kirk Fogg
Larry Toffler
Lew Schneider

HairMetalLives

Best and Worst
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 12:53:56 AM »
Best:
Marc Summers, Lew Schneider, Larry Toffler, & Michael Carrington

Worst:
Wesley Eure, Robb Edward-Morris, Skip Lackey, Phil Moore, & Summer Sanders
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 12:54:44 AM by HairMetalLives »

inturnaround

Best and Worst
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 04:42:41 AM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' date=\'May 27 2004, 03:04 PM\'] I really don't see what everyone saw in Summer Sanders. [/quote]
 Heh. Well, if you don't then I'll tell you.

She's cute.

That is all. Pretty woman. For many of those who were hitting puberty when her show was ubiquitous on Nick (not I, I was a young tween/teen during the last years of You Can't Do That on Television), she was a bona fide sex object (or as much of a sex object as a game show host on Nick could be anyway).

Apart from that, she connected with the contestants (rooting for them to win) and she tried to get the panel to get slimed. What more could you ask for?
Joe Coughlin     
Human

BrandonFG

Best and Worst
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2004, 07:37:21 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 27 2004, 07:01 AM\'] [quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 27 2004, 07:23 AM\']SINCE WHEN IS A SCHOOL PROJECT IN A THEME PARK?! [/quote]
You'd be suprised during springtime at several Amusement parks, schools do take day trips for projects. I can think of physics off the top of my head being the most common. [/quote]
 And I remember my 9th grade year, my school went on a "Math and Science Day" trip to Kings Dominion.

ObGameShow: It's technically *Paramount's* Kings Dominion, and Paramount syndicated Wipeout, one of my childhood favorites.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!