Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Audience Survey Questions  (Read 2401 times)

cmjb13

Match Game Audience Survey Questions
« on: May 29, 2004, 09:35:33 PM »
Were the audiences that were surveyed for the Super Match from the Match Game audience only or did they survey other G-T audiences?

How were the audiences surveyed? (survey forms passed out during a taping?)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 29 2004, 08:35 PM\'] Were the audiences that were surveyed for the Super Match from the Match Game audience only or did they survey other G-T audiences?

[/quote]
 ISTR it being reported on Usenet that other GT shows' audiences were sometimes polled.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:07:05 AM »
ISTR it being reported on Usenet that other GT shows' audiences were sometimes polled.

And if you've ever had to poll a Goodson-Todman audience, you know just how painful that can be. HEY-O!

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 01:13:43 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 29 2004, 08:50 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 29 2004, 08:35 PM\'] Were the audiences that were surveyed for the Super Match from the Match Game audience only or did they survey other G-T audiences?

[/quote]
ISTR it being reported on Usenet that other GT shows' audiences were sometimes polled. [/quote]
 Logically, it would have to have been for at least the first few weeks.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 01:24:22 AM »
Since we're on the subject, did Family Feud ever use other G-T audiences for surveys? I'm not talking about when Mark Goodson tested the idea out ("Name a famous person people hate") on the MG audience.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

calliaume

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 11:09:25 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 30 2004, 12:24 AM\'] Since we're on the subject, did Family Feud ever use other G-T audiences for surveys? I'm not talking about when Mark Goodson tested the idea out ("Name a famous person people hate") on the MG audience. [/quote]
 This may answer the previous questions -- Goodson started the Family Feud idea after getting the same top three answers for that question (Hitler, the Devil, Howard Cosell) from audiences on both coasts (which means they likely polled a To Tell the Truth audience).

TV Favorites

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 12:48:27 PM »
I believe the Family Feud surveys were done through mail, no?

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 12:49:25 PM »
This may answer the previous questions -- Goodson started the Family Feud idea after getting the same top three answers for that question (Hitler, the Devil, Howard Cosell) from audiences on both coasts (which means they likely polled a To Tell the Truth audience).

Yep...the West Coast show polled, BTW, was TPiR...and having also gotten the same 4 answers (Nixon was among them) from mail/phone calls sent across the country helped influence Goodson, as well.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Card Shark

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 02:39:03 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 29 2004, 09:35 PM\'] Were the audiences that were surveyed for the Super Match from the Match Game audience only or did they survey other G-T audiences?

How were the audiences surveyed? (survey forms passed out during a taping?) [/quote]
 I think it depends on the show. As far as Card Sharks went, Randy Amasia told me that when he interned on the show, his job was to stand at the corner of Hollywood and Vine and ask the questions to people who passed by.
Adam Strom

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 03:54:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'May 30 2004, 01:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 29 2004, 09:35 PM\'] Were the audiences that were surveyed for the Super Match from the Match Game audience only or did they survey other G-T audiences?

How were the audiences surveyed? (survey forms passed out during a taping?) [/quote]
I think it depends on the show. As far as Card Sharks went, Randy Amasia told me that when he interned on the show, his job was to stand at the corner of Hollywood and Vine and ask the questions to people who passed by. [/quote]
 On "Card Sharks" they also would ask 100 of a certain type of person.  For example, on one question 100 school aged children were shown a picture of then-presidential candidate Ronald Reagan and were asked to identify the person in the photo.  According to the survey results related by host Jim Perry going into commercial, a majority of the children knew who was in the picture, but there was one tyke who identified the picture as one of Bonzo.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 09:19:27 AM »
I believe the Family Feud surveys were done through mail, no?

Yes.  During the early airings of the show in 1976, one of the address plugs was to be put on the survey mailing list.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tvrandywest

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 10:08:02 AM »
I remember surveys for FF ("name something more annoying than writing with a tiny golf pencil") and for MG ("eat my ____") at MG tapings in 33.

And at the offices on Wilshire Blvd, after the 6430 Sunset era, I remember being (blank)ed when I saw the dozen or so filing cabinets with smaller than usual drawers that held the 5x8 cards of thousands of people used at the time primarily as mail contacts for the Card Sharks type questions ("We polled 100 pre-operative hermaphrodites...").

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tvwxman

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2004, 12:12:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'May 31 2004, 09:08 AM\']
And at the offices on Wilshire Blvd, after the 6430 Sunset era, I remember being (blank)ed when I saw the dozen or so filing cabinets with smaller than usual drawers that held the 5x8 cards of thousands of people used at the time primarily as mail contacts for the Card Sharks type questions ("We polled 100 pre-operative hermaphrodites...").

[/quote]
 Just what kind of writing instrument do you use to poll 100 pre-op hermaphrodites anyway?

Just wondering, I guess.

:)

ms
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"