Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Barris in The Chicago Tribune 5/31  (Read 1448 times)

calliaume

Chuck Barris in The Chicago Tribune 5/31
« on: May 30, 2004, 10:59:01 AM »
Look for an article on Chuck Barris in the Tempo section of the Monday, 5/31 Chicago Tribune[/i] tomorrow.  Today's preview lists it as follows:

Memories of Della

Losing his daughter has taken the wackiness and Hollywood swagger out of Chuck Barris.  Famous for his successful TV shows, find out why he'd rather be known as his daughter's biographer.

This may be a promo for his (as yet unpublished? The pub date's listed as April 9 of this year, but no mentions here) book Bad Grass Never Dies: More Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 11:04:51 AM by calliaume »

ChuckNet

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 12:50:48 PM »
Look for an article on Chuck Barris in the Tempo section of the Monday, 5/31 Chicago Tribune tomorrow. Today's preview lists it as follows:

Memories of Della

Here in NY, an article along those lines ran in Newsday last wk...wonder if it's the same one.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

calliaume

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 06:20:36 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 30 2004, 11:50 AM\'] Here in NY, an article along those lines ran in Newsday last wk...wonder if it's the same one.
 [/quote]
 Quite possible; they're both owned by The Tribune Company.

In the interim, here's the Newsday article.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 10:52:06 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'May 30 2004, 10:59 AM\'] This may be a promo for his (as yet unpublished? The pub date's listed as April 9 of this year, but no mentions here) book Bad Grass Never Dies: More Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. [/quote]
 I'm not sure I follow the syntax of this, but if you're asking whether Bad Grass Never Dies has been published, the answer is yes.  I saw it in a local bookstore yesterday.  I just glanced at it, but I sure didn't get the impression it was a heartfelt biography of Della.  It's promoted as a sequel to Confessions, and it does appear to be another goofy foray into his fiction-as-fact world.  Maybe a Della bio is his next project?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 11:48:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 30 2004, 09:52 PM\'] I'm not sure I follow the syntax of this, but if you're asking whether Bad Grass Never Dies has been published, the answer is yes.  I saw it in a local bookstore yesterday.  I just glanced at it, but I sure didn't get the impression it was a heartfelt biography of Della.  It's promoted as a sequel to Confessions, and it does appear to be another goofy foray into his fiction-as-fact world.  Maybe a Della bio is his next project? [/quote]
 That's the gist of the Newsday article -- the Della book is next -- if he can find a publisher.  He's back with Carroll & Graf for Bad Grass -- they published Game Show King 10 years ago, which he clearly has no use for -- and they're not really a big-time publisher.  The Della book doesn't strike me as a commercial blockbuster, but obviously that's not why he's telling the story.

Actually, this wouldn't be a bad book for my publishing house...

calliaume

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 08:05:58 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'May 30 2004, 05:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 30 2004, 11:50 AM\'] Here in NY, an article along those lines ran in Newsday last wk...wonder if it's the same one.
 [/quote]
Quite possible; they're both owned by The Tribune Company.

In the interim, here's the Newsday article. [/quote]
 Yep, it's the same article.