Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feudin' on the rock  (Read 1427 times)

vtown7

Feudin' on the rock
« on: May 30, 2004, 01:51:16 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm putting together a family feud night for my fellow education students at my university (and of course using Particleman's FINE software!).

It's not really meant as a fundraiser for anything in particular but I imagine it will end up being that the top two teams get a nice chunk of change (from the entry fee).

My question is this: Any suggestions on how to set it up if I have numerous teams?  I could easily be looking at 8-12 all things considered.  I'd like to keep everyone in the same room (ie. only one game going on at a time).

I thought about a "qualifying" test with survey questions, but I'm not sure if that would be fair.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan :)

Jimmy Owen

Feudin' on the rock
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 02:20:39 PM »
Lollypop tree.  One person from each of the twelve teams picks a lollypop at the same time.  The team that gets the black stemmed lollypop gets control.  After three strikes, the eleven other teams do the lollypop tree again for the right to steal.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Speedy G

Feudin' on the rock
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 09:58:52 PM »
There's always a tournament structure, but I'm betting you're not interested in hosting 11 consecutive games.

I did a Family Feud game once (but not live), and I had each team give me a list of answers they wanted to guess.  All teams played the same puzzle at the same time.  They could write as many answers as they wanted, up to the number on the board.  If they gave three or more strike answers, they had a random chance to have the bank "stolen," or lost, based on the value of what they didn't get.  We played a fixed number of rounds (I used three singles, two doubles, and a triple), and the high scoring team after all six won.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feudin' on the rock
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:33:59 AM »
Don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but a quick way to whittle the group down quickly would be to have a bunch of round one questions (7-10 answers each).  Draw two team names, and they play that question, the winner stays in.  Do that until you have four teams left, play two games to 300, then the winners of those play one last game for the Championship.

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle