Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox Family Show  (Read 1336 times)

irismason42

Fox Family Show
« on: May 30, 2004, 12:39:28 PM »
What was the name of the Fox Family show that starred In Living Color's David Alan Grier and was based on The Who, What, or Where Game?

BrandonFG

Fox Family Show
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 12:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 30 2004, 11:39 AM\'] What was the name of the Fox Family show that starred In Living Color's David Alan Grier and was based on The Who, What, or Where Game? [/quote]
 The only Fox Family show with David that I remember was "Random Acts of Comedy," but I thought that was more of a "Whose Line..." type show. ..Friday nights c. 2000?

AFAIK, the only show made based on "Who/What/Where" was the Challengers, Dick Clark, syndicated.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

Fox Family Show
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:45:35 PM »
The only Fox Family show with David that I remember was "Random Acts of Comedy," but I thought that was more of a "Whose Line..." type show. ..Friday nights c. 2000?

Yep...while not technically based on the 3 Ws, I think Iris was referring to the fact that each RAoC skit involved the contestants trying to guess the "who," "what," and "where" involved.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Matt Ottinger

Fox Family Show
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 10:33:17 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 30 2004, 12:45 PM\'] Yep...while not technically based on the 3 Ws, I think Iris was referring to the fact that each RAoC skit involved the contestants trying to guess the "who," "what," and "where" involved. [/quote]
 Which suggests to me that Iris has never seen one or the other show, because they certainly couldn't be any more different.  It's a little like saying Frasier was based on Scooby-Doo because they both have a funny dog in them.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Fox Family Show
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 10:41:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 30 2004, 09:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'May 30 2004, 12:45 PM\'] Yep...while not technically based on the 3 Ws, I think Iris was referring to the fact that each RAoC skit involved the contestants trying to guess the "who," "what," and "where" involved. [/quote]
Which suggests to me that Iris has never seen one or the other show, because they certainly couldn't be any more different.  It's a little like saying Frasier was based on Scooby-Doo because they both have a funny dog in them. [/quote]
 But as long as the show is "cool", certain posters will rant about it, regardless.
--Mark
Phil 4:13