Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Convention  (Read 1832 times)

Rastaub

Game Show Convention
« on: May 28, 2004, 10:02:05 AM »
Hello All,  

As some of you know, or dont know, I am hosting this years GSC, starting next Thursday.  

So far we have Card Sharks, High Rollers, Sale of the century and Win, Lose, or Draw lined up as games for the Home Game Tournament. I had originally planned to play Super Password as well, however I ran into a small problem.  

I am not a board game collector, so I dont have a super Password, or Password game. . So I figured I would try to make the game as real as possible using Taboo cards. I hadnt played Taboo in a few years, and I didnt remember if any of the taboo answer words were Proper names or people. I found out last night that they weren't, so my Super Password idea is shot.  

Im looking for a bit of help in the suggestion department as to what we can do. Now I already know that I can make puzzles and passwords myself, but Im thinking there might be a more viable option.

If anyone has any suggestions, please respond.  

Bob Staub  
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/gssite717/

aaron sica

Game Show Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »
This is only a foggy idea from my foggy brain....

You have Taboo....Any way that the Taboo cards could be incorporated into playing "Blackout"? At the same time, that also fits into games from the 1987-1988 era, since I believe that's what you're shooting for...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 11:12:00 AM by aaron sica »

Mike Tennant

Game Show Convention
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 10:56:01 AM »
You could also get a Password Plus home game.  There are a couple on eBay right now for practically nothing, which would work, assuming you could get one shipped to you in time, since P+ and SP were the same game.  Alternatively, see if someone who will be attending has one of these.

Steve McClellan

Game Show Convention
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »
There's always Celebrity Taboo, too.

alfonzos

Game Show Convention
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:25:44 PM »
Perhaps I can be of service. I collect home games. I have almost all of them. I live in Hawthorne (that's a ten minute drive southeast of LAX). Let me know.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Rastaub

Game Show Convention
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »
I appreciate the offer, however seeing as how we are having the GSC in Pennsylvania, I think it might be a long drive.

alfonzos

Game Show Convention
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »
I'm sorry. I thought this was about the affair in Burbank, California in August!
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

TV Favorites

Game Show Convention
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 05:52:29 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'May 31 2004, 04:50 PM\'] I'm sorry. I thought this was about the affair in Burbank, California in August! [/quote]
 I believe you are thinking of the Game Show Congress.