Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Primetime Specials...  (Read 2065 times)

aaron sica

Pyramid Primetime Specials...
« on: June 03, 2004, 08:56:18 AM »
Most of us know (I never like to say "everyone"), that ABC aired a good deal of "All-Star Family Feud" primetime specials in the late '70s and early '80s - how many did "Pyramid" have?

One show on the trading circuit is the "All-Star Junior Pyramid" special from a Sunday evening in September 1979 with Tony Danza, Tammy Lauren, David Hollander, and a young Rob Lowe among the stars playing. Was that the only primetime Pyramid special that ABC aired, or were there others?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 12:29:21 PM »
I don't recall any other network "Pyramid" special.  Of course we had the Cullen "Pyramid" which played mostly at 7:30pm, that was special to me.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:33:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 12:29 PM\'] I don't recall any other network "Pyramid" special.  Of course we had the Cullen "Pyramid" which played mostly at 7:30pm, that was special to me. [/quote]
 I have very vague memories of the Cullen Pyramid.....Mainly confusion, as to why the show was on 8 (NBC) and not 27 (ABC), and where was Dick Clark?..

Scary how those of us loving game shows at such an early age knew the hosts by name as if they were our friends...:)

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 01:34:14 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jun 3 2004, 11:33 AM\'] Scary how those of us loving game shows at such an early age knew the hosts by name as if they were our friends...:) [/quote]
 Ah, but they were our friends.  That's what made them such good hosts; the ability to make people feel like you were the only person that mattered to them despite this being the host's 1000th time doing the same thing.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

mystery7

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 09:02:15 PM »
Aaron, answers to your questions:

Cullen's Pyramid was syndicated. So yes, while it was taped at ABC along with its daytime counterpart, it was sold to individual stations regardless of their network affiliation. That's why your NBC station carried Bill while you saw Dick on Pyramid's home network, ABC. Kinda like the way H2 taped at CBS but was on other stations with and without network ties.

Speaking of Dick, he might've been in a rush to catch the first plane back to LA to do Bandstand - or his radio shows, or run his production company. Busy guy then.

- Mystery7, who to this day swears it was Jack Barry who taught him how to count...at age 2.